• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lupe Fiasco's New Album

neverlosethefeeling

I haven't heard the CD.. I'm going to ignore opinions til I do. I have about 8 hours today of some poo I have to fix, so I'll be doing extra curricular activities and listening to this.. as well as some J Cole.

I understand people like what they like, and uphold their philosophies to the music they enjoy.. however, if you are trying to open your mind to hip-hop/rap, just accept the method the music is made and enjoy where the artist is coming from.

As for the music, it may have to grow on you a bit. To me, I can't go out downtown and listen to anything other than hip-hop or that with a mix of house. There is no beat to Rock and most likely the sole reason white people are stereotyped as having no rhythm. lol

You are essentially putting more focus on the style and message that Steven Tyler would bring to the table, than to say: well he only sings, so I'm going to be biased to what he really offers fans as a musician.

I've grown up listening to everything.. my dad introduced 60's, 70's, and 80's to me at an early age and for years I've found my way across many genre's. It just turns out, hip-hop speaks to me. I can enjoy all kinds of music, but only 1 type really moves me.

The Roots might be worth checking out. They use drums, etc for beats. I would go true hip-hop before I entered the rap world. (2 labels that should help distinguish the difference)

The bolded statement tells me quite a bit about your preferences, you couldn't be more wrong.

As for the rest of your post, I understand what you're trying to say, but you'll never convince me that someone who talks in rhythm over electronic music is more talented than a group of people who create music together.

THAT is the great dynamic, can you mesh with a group of people and all be on the same page musically? That takes real talent. Sampling is lazy and quite frankly offensive.

I love the Roots btw

I like music that speaks to me, I like drums (so naturally ANY synthed drums annoy me), and I like good SINGING, plain and simple.

Also, the Roots drummer plays the same beats as a lot of rock bands. He "sweetens" those beats to accent parts of their songs, but his beats aren't some alien style that rock bands are incapable of playing.

Even though I don't like the style of music, death metal musicians are some of the most talented on the planet, ask any musician.

What it boils down to is someone posted this Lupe Fiasco song saying his new album was great. All I heard is one sampled song, and one acoustic tune that sounds like the micro machine guy trying to rap.

I love good music, but so far you have yet to show me any. And yes that's just my opinion FWIW BTW eleventyone!!

The bolded statement tells me quite a bit about your preferences, you couldn't be more wrong.

it's almost impossible to try to argue that Rock music has a great dance beat anywhere close to hip-hop.

As for the rest of your post, I understand what you're trying to say, but you'll never convince me that someone who talks in rhythm over electronic music is more talented than a group of people who create music together.

THAT is the great dynamic, can you mesh with a group of people and all be on the same page musically? That takes real talent. Sampling is lazy and quite frankly offensive.

why are you offended by rap, you have one person rhyming to a rhythm (much more technical than singing) and yet Mick Jagger doesn't offend you?

you can't compare 5 guys in a band to one guy who has to create that music on his own. To compare apples to apples you must be fair and ask what does Mick Jagger do that doesn't offend you? sing? well, that's hardly an argument on why rap offends you. Jagger walks around dancing like he has a seizure, sometimes even with a tambourine, and you say he isn't lazy? pick up a guitar Mick! Quit offending everyone!

lol, I'm joking, sort of. I mean, can't we find a list of singers who do nothing in the band other than sing?

speaking of The Roots, check out Dave Chappelle's Block Party. All that rap is over an instrument of some kind. Common, Mos Def, Kweli, Fugees, .. all worth checking out.

I just want to separate the 2.. the rap and the beat it's on. if the beat is so important to you then you can find good music that falls in line with that. To others, that's not a big deal. but the rap itself should be appreciated, or can be appreciated, just like in rock- some aren't good examples.. (i.e. Nickelback...)

Pantera:

Bleys, first of all Rep (when I can) for taking the time to post all that, second, unfortunately no sound at work so I'll have to check it out tonight.

I know theres good stuff out there, it's just hard to find.

....to be continued

You're telling me you don't like lifechanging bars like

"All that ass, in them jeans"

"Brown skin or Yellow bone, DJ this my favorite song"

"Well i'm tryin to hit the hotel, with 2 girls that swallow me"

Pure gold

Everybody just raps about girls, cars, and money. I prefer rap that actually has some thought into it and is different

Archived