• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lupe Fiasco's New Album

neverlosethefeeling

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't heard the CD.. I'm going to ignore opinions til I do. I have about 8 hours today of some poo I have to fix, so I'll be doing extra curricular activities and listening to this.. as well as some J Cole.

Well I'll spare you my diatribe on electronic music and sampling.

Let's just say if you have a better representation of his talents I'd like to hear it.

I'm really trying to open my mind to new music lately.

I understand people like what they like, and uphold their philosophies to the music they enjoy.. however, if you are trying to open your mind to hip-hop/rap, just accept the method the music is made and enjoy where the artist is coming from.

As for the music, it may have to grow on you a bit. To me, I can't go out downtown and listen to anything other than hip-hop or that with a mix of house. There is no beat to Rock and most likely the sole reason white people are stereotyped as having no rhythm. lol

You are essentially putting more focus on the style and message that Steven Tyler would bring to the table, than to say: well he only sings, so I'm going to be biased to what he really offers fans as a musician.

I've grown up listening to everything.. my dad introduced 60's, 70's, and 80's to me at an early age and for years I've found my way across many genre's. It just turns out, hip-hop speaks to me. I can enjoy all kinds of music, but only 1 type really moves me.

The Roots might be worth checking out. They use drums, etc for beats. I would go true hip-hop before I entered the rap world. (2 labels that should help distinguish the difference)

Archived