• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can't These Other Computer Manufacturers Step Up?

fitty76

Touch Tablet computers have been around for awhile. Apple just put their little lame ass spin on them and all the sudden every teacher and art designer bought up the stock of them.

The iPad is a tech fad. Nothing more. They'll be trumped by something else in a few years.

that's what I said when the ipod came out.

and the iphone.

that's what I said when the ipod came out.

and the iphone.

And they were.

The Zune is SO much better than a iPod. I own a 20gb iPod, and bought my daughter a Zune for her birthday a couple years back. I wish I had bought the Zune and gave my daughter the iPod!

Android phones are way cooler than iPhones and recently overtook iPhones in marketshare. Blackberries were never de-throned from having the majority marketshare.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/smb/mobile/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=229000356

The coolest thing about iPhones/iPad are their commercials. They are hipster-kiddie cool.

Never forget where the Mac guy got his start...

im_a_mac.gif

whether you like it better is insignificant.

neither the ipod nor the iphone have been trumped by anything. the fact that hundreds of phones running a common operating system FINALLY overtook iphones in marketshare is not exactly an amazing feat. they are literally giving android phones away. what a product.

i think android is a good OS too. it's just unfortunate that 95% of the phones it is on suck balls. and i don't know much about the zune because i've only ever met one person who had one.

<doesn't have a smart phone. has a 3 year old 8gb ipod nano.

hammer.

/i'll trade you for a 3 year old nano. it works great.

Tempting. My touch is a 2nd generation and the thing it has trouble with the most is playing music without stammering, freezing and quitting.

Archived