• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can't These Other Computer Manufacturers Step Up?

fitty76

I could pick up at least two android tablets for the price of an ipad. It all breaks down to what you are going to use the tablet you buy to do. There are cheaper tablets that don't have all of the multimedia features, and tablets like the zoom that have more features than the ipad.

The Apple/PC debate will rage on forever... I'm in the middle. All these products have their place. If I was a teacher/nurse/lab worker, etc., someone who walked around all day for work, a tablet would be great and much easier than a laptop... I sit at a desk 90% of the day, so a laptop/desktop functions best for me... So it's less about the manufacturer and more about the equipment.

If Apple made a product that was cost effective and made my job easier, I would buy it, even though I've always been a PC guy... but so far, for what I do, PCs are far more cost effective.

Apple has some pretty displays. If anything, it's where they excel at. I would SO get an Apple display over my current monitor. If you say.. compare the iPhone display screen to any of the competitors, it's gonna have WAY more pixels and be a much higher quality build. Screens are where other companies try to save money on.

Apple is legit. They have renewed their rep and have been successful. For the record, I only own a 3rd gen iPod. No other apple products.

As soon as they make an iPad that works with a Stylus pen, I will buy one. I need a tablet that I can draw on because I really need to move from pencil and ink to digital media, but I don't want the bulk or the price of tablet laptop or a PC tablet with a monitor built in.

Apple has some pretty displays. If anything, it's where they excel at. I would SO get an Apple display over my current monitor. If you say.. compare the iPhone display screen to any of the competitors, it's gonna have WAY more pixels and be a much higher quality build. Screens are where other companies try to save money on.

Apple is legit. They have renewed their rep and have been successful. For the record, I only own a 3rd gen iPod. No other apple products.

Yeah. 3000 bucks for a monitor.

Archived