• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where do you rank the top players?

TheRealDeal

lol he was just stalling until he could find a way to put Newton on top

No one has Gabbert top 5 because they don't have a special attachment to him and judge him objectively.

You already knew who was going to put Cam at #1 before they even posted it.

Once again it depends on your criteria. I at least put mine out there for cnsideration.

If you are picking who will be most ready to play in the NFL right off the bat then Gabbert might be ahead of Newton right now. If you look at who will turn out to have the better career in the NFL and make the biggest impact which is how I ranked them, then IMO Newton is way ahead of him.

If someone wants to base it right now on who throws better from center, they might put Mallett on top. That is the thing about rankings, they change based on your criteria. And that is what I tried to get you to elucidate. When you failed to do so, I made my own.

Kinda interesting that the only people who have Cam in their top 5 have him at number 1. And every single person who has Newton at one, has Gabbert at 10. FWIW no one has Gabbert top 5.

Just goes to show how polarizing he is at this point. People who look at what he is right now see him as rough and unpolished and put him down the chart.

People who see his potetial impact down the road rank him very high. The difference your criteria for rating him. As for Gabbert, his career at Missouri was mediocre. Good passer but dubious leadership, intangibles, and other things which distingusih the great Qbs from the average ones.

Like I said, my opinion of Gabbert is based mostly on the people who saw him play more than me, and not many of those people have given him a glowing endorsement. What more do you want? I have already said that I would be fine with Gabbert, if that's who the Panthers believe is the best player to draft.

I don't want anything more from you, that's why I repeatedly tried to stress that the post wasn't directed at you but just posters in general.

I apologize if you felt you were singled out but that was not my intention.

Archived