• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where do you rank the top players?

TheRealDeal

It's how well each of them plays their own position.

For example, AJ Green is a better WR than Gabbert is a QB.

Just because you are trying to find a way to weasel Newton to the top doesn't make the thread confusing. Learn to fuking read and answer the question. It's subjective but don't be an idiot about it. It's not that hard. Please try again

Expletives are used when a person is too limited intellectually to express themselves more eloquently.

As for your post you seem a little slow so lets try again. Why is AJ Green a better WR than Gabbert is a quarterback? Is it because he is more athletic, has less things to learn or improve upon, has more positives than negatives, etc.

To say a person is better without having specifics to back up their analysis or criteria is simply a subjective opinion with no objective information upon to base your opinion. The point with you is that just about everything you say is totally subjective with little basis but your own opinion. Stop acting as if it informed or based on fact and I will stop pointing your obvious iimitations.

Oops, I was just looking at the last list posted at the time to know who I was choosing from. :) And I notice your list is pretty much identical to mine. Taking out Harris and adding Fairley, I was have Fairley as #8, above Gabbert and Newton.

You added someone not from the original list :eek:

My list is:

Peterson

Green

Miller

Dareus

Quinn

Bowers

Jones

Gabbert

Fairley

Newton

Expletives are used when a person is too limited intellectually to express themselves more eloquently.

As for your post you seem a little slow so lets try again. Why is AJ Green a better WR than Gabbert is a quarterback? Is it because he is more athletic, has less things to learn or improve upon, has more positives than negatives, etc.

To say a person is better without having specifics to back up their analysis or criteria is simply a subjective opinion with no objective information upon to base your opinion. The point with you is that just about everything you say is totally subjective with little basis but your own opinion. Stop acting as if it informed or based on fact and I will stop pointing your obvious iimitations.

Many people curse when they are pissed off and that's just the first word that comes out

I was going off of what I thought the choices were (as explained above) and yes, I think Harris is a better football player than Gabbert or Newton right now.

Harris is by FAR the best CB in this draft. He's going to be the next Revis, IMO.

First of all it's an opinion article. I didn't ask for your reasoning or your lengthy posts to try and sound intelligent. Post your opinion or GTFO.

BTW, if you don't know that Green is currently a better football player than Gabbert, you should start watching soccer and if you currently watch soccer, you should leave this country.

I haven't even seen most of these guys play enough to rank them, and I doubt anybody else has either. So what are we going by...highlights, combine numbers, Mike Mayocks opinion?

For instance, I have only seen one of Gabbert's games, so all I can really do is trust the word of people who watched him a lot more than me. Other than that, I know he's taller than Chase Daniels but not quite as productive, and that's about it. How am I supposed to rank a guy like that?

As far as I'm concerned, you can take the average person's top 10 and throw a blanket over it, because they are all in play.

I haven't even seen most of these guys play enough to rank them, and I doubt anybody else has either. So what are we going by...highlights, combine numbers, Mike Mayocks opinion?

For instance, I have only seen one of Gabbert's games, so all I can really do is trust the word of people who watched him a lot more than me. Other than that, I know he's taller than Chase Daniels but not quite as productive, and that's about it. How am I supposed to rank a guy like that?

As far as I'm concerned, you can take the average person's top 10 and throw a blanket over it, because they are all in play.

I think a lot of your post is what is wrong with this board. I'm not directing this at you personally, but how can so many people be so sure Cam is better than Locker or Gabbert when they don't watch them play? They rely on Youtube and SportsCenter? I honestly don't get it.

I consider myself a football junkie and thanks to my fiance working weekends and some very handy websites, I've been able to watch a lot of football games over the years (Partially responsible for my gambling addictions) and seen a lot of players. I don't think it's too crazy that people should have seen all of these guys at least once and likely more due to the amount of games they have on TV.

I don't even know how to have a conversation about a player that you (not you in particular) haven't seen play. This is new to me.

I did watch Cam play, which is why I know for a fact that he carried his team to a NC and is the best leader and has the most potential of any QB in this draft. Sure he's raw and probably won't make an impact yesterday the way most people want, but IMO, he's the best choice if you're all about building for long term success instead of the instant gratification of improving to 7-9 and being able to say that your guy could play right away.

I also watched Dareus quite a bit, so I'm absolutlely on board with the notion that he's the best DT, at least for what the Panthers need.

I saw PP quite a bit too, and I didn't really see the shutdown corner that everybody keeps claiming that he is. He's good, but not #1 overall good, IMO. Most teams are going with more 4-5WR sets nowadays anyway, so shutting down one guy is good, but it's not the same impact as it was when Deon Sanders was doing it...and I don't think PP is that good anyway.

I saw Bowers a lot too, since he plays in the ACC and I'm a Tar Heel fan, and I don't believe he's as consistently dominant as people think either.

I saw Von Miller a few times, and he's a great player but I just don't see him in the picture with the Panthers, because he's a prototypical 3-4 OLB.

Fairley is good, but he's not Carolina's man either, IMO.

Same for Green and Jones. The Panthers already have 3 2nd year WR's and Steve Smith, so that's not happening either unless they're willing to cut or bench one of thes 2nd year guys. I suppose that's not completely out of the question, but it's not likely either, IMO.

I've seen Quinn play every game of his career, and I can tell you he's a beast on the football field, but do we really need another DE when we have Hardy, whos basically the same player with a year's worth of experience already?

There, that's about the best I can do. After Cam and Dareus, you can put them in any order you want, but those are my two favorites.

Archived