• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where do you rank the top players?

TheRealDeal

The plan was simple, give Gabbert more short routes to throw to, so he can look somewhat decent.

This was more a consequence of who Mizzou lost, receiving wise, than it was anything to do with Gabbert. The offense was adjusting to other personnel.

It's hard for me to put them 1-10, but I'll say this, out of pure football ability that will easily translate to the pros (or at least translate the easiest), for some reason, I would have Peterson as my #1. Julio Jones, Green, and Dareus are all right behind him. Then Cam somewhere after them, and I'm still not sure whether I'd put Gabbert ahead of him or behind him in terms of making the easiest transition. But, I am hoping for us to pick Cam because his ceiling is so high.

Julio is nowhere near on the same level as Green or Dareus!

Just because they are number 1 at their position doesn't mean they are the same level of football player. Peterson is miles ahead of Cam in terms of being a football player, etc.

Miles ahead in terms of what?? Ability to throw a pass? Potential to run a quick 40? Ability to be an all pro in 4 years or what.

For example corners are valued based on speed and athletic ability. Quarterbacks are valued based on their ability to read defenses and run the offense. Seems to me they are very different skills. So how do you decide who is best given that what makes Peterson a great corner is very different than what makes Green a great receiver or Fairley a great defensive tackle. They are different guys in different roles with different skill sets.

You still haven't addressed my question which is how do you compare all of these players when they each have different skill sets.

Anyone who thinks Cam is actually the best has to be semi retarded.

He honestly doesn't compare to Peterson one bit. Child's play compared to him.

If you want to argue potential, impact, positional importance, fine, but don't do it in this thread.

What exactly is the criteria then? Who is the fastest, best able to intercept a ball? Peterson would be huge failure if he had to play DT or WR, so how is he a better player than they are?? You have to compare them based on athleticism or some criteria. Otherwise best is totally subjective.

If you can't see then you are totally retarded.

What exactly is the criteria then? Who is the fastest, best able to intercept a ball? Peterson would be huge failure if he had to play DT or WR, so how is he a better player than they are?? You have to compare them based on athleticism or some criteria. Otherwise best is totally subjective.

You are not comparing their athletic abilities to each other, you are comparing whether Peterson is a better CB than Cam is a QB. If PP is a 7 out of 10 on the CB scale and Cam is a 6 out of 10 on the QB scale, the PP>Cam.

01. Cam Newton

02. A.J. Green

03. Marcell Dareus

04. Brandon Harris

05. Von Miller

06. Da'Quan Bowers

07. Patrick Peterson

08. Robert Quinn

09. Julio Jones

10. Nick Fairley

1a. A.J. Green

1b. Patrick Peterson

03. Von Miller

04. Marcell Dareus

05. Robert Quinn

06. Da'Quan Bowers

07. Julio Jones

08. Brandon Harris

09. Blaine Gabbert

10. Cam Newton

Brandon Harris???

The 4th best CB in the draft is a top 10 player? lmfao

You are not comparing their athletic abilities to each other, you are comparing whether Peterson is a better CB than Cam is a QB. If PP is a 7 out of 10 on the CB scale and Cam is a 6 out of 10 on the QB scale, the PP>Cam.

Compared to what?? What makes a perfect corner or a perfect quarterback?? At this point none of them have played 1 down in the pros. Peterson was great in college, who says he will be great in the pros.

Again this is totally subjective. I would rather discuss who is going to have the most impact his rookie year or who will be the most impactful in five years.

So I will exit stage left.:leaving:

Compared to what?? What makes a perfect corner or a perfect quarterback?? At this point none of them have played 1 down in the pros. Peterson was great in college, who says he will be great in the pros.

Again this is totally subjective. I would rather discuss who is going to have the most impact his rookie year or who will be the most impactful in five years.

So I will exit stage left.:leaving:

Doesn't the "Where do you..." in the title pretty much assume subjectiveness?

In terms of how good of football players they are? Not their impact, their icon status, their entertainment value, but how well each of them plays their position.

It's how well each of them plays their own position.

For example, AJ Green is a better WR than Gabbert is a QB.

Just because you are trying to find a way to weasel Newton to the top doesn't make the thread confusing. Learn to fuking read and answer the question. It's subjective but don't be an idiot about it. It's not that hard. Please try again

Archived