• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where do you rank the top players?

TheRealDeal

In terms of how good of football players they are? Not their impact, their icon status, their entertainment value, but how well each of them plays their position.

I know this is going to be hard for some of you but ignore positional value, scheming around, etc and just rank them in terms of how good of football players they are.

Here they are, in no particular order:

Newton

Gabbert

Peterson

Green

Jones

Dareus

Fairley

Quinn

Bowers

Miller

Rank them 1-10.

Do you mean how good they are right now? Here is my top 10 in the draft "big board" if you will. Not sure that is what you meant though. But some of that is projection which I also don't think you meant.

1. Newton

2. Peterson

3. Dareus

4. Green

5. Fairley

6. Miller

7. Quinn

8. Bowers

9. Jones

10. Gabbert

Maybe explain it a bit better for feeble minds like myself :(

Where they are now in terms of ready to succeed in NFL

Newton 5

Gabbert 5

Peterson 9

Green 7

Jones 7

Dareus 8

Fairley 8

Quinn 7

Bowers 7

Miller 8

The QBs are pretty far away.

The WRs need some time to learn the art.

The DTs will start slowly and gain speed

The DEs need time to get good. It usually takes a year.

Miller should experience success in the right 3-4 system

Patrick Peterson is ready to go now. I gave him 9 because there is a chance he will have to learn a few things, but whoever drafts him, go ahead and break the seal.

UPDATE: I put each on a scale. Misunderstood. FIXING

Peterson

Miller

Dareus

Fairley

Bowers

Quinn

Green

Jones

Gabbert

Newton

I think Peterson is 1, and I hope we take him. After him, I like Green or Jones, because for God's sakes, we need someone to throw to besides Smith, already. What's it been, 200 years this has been a problem? I'll be very disappointed if we draft a DT #1 overall.

I'm hoping we can pick up a FA at QB. Clausen is garbage.

Given that I recently learned that college stats don't matter, what system they came from, their acheivements etc are all crap then it doesn't matter how good they are now, they aren't playing anything or doing jack. And they play different positions so ranking different players who are all number 1 at thier position has to be on some continuum like athleticism, how well they will project into the pros, what tools they bring, who will make the biggest impact their rookie year, who will be the best in 3 years, who will be the perennial all pro, etc.

Until we get a common denominator to evaluate them, this thread is crap like so many others.

Archived