• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PS3 Question

Panthericulous

Why would they be developing new consoles? Technology really hasn't changed since 2006. The 360 still keeps up graphically with the PS3. NATAL and the PS3 motion controller tell me both companies will be sticking with this gen for at least the near future

Money. This is how it's been for several generations.

Money. This is how it's been for several generations.

not really, the 360 came out when the xbox started lagging behind the pc and the ps2 did the same. Technology hasn't changed enough to warrant a new console. High def changed a lot but it hasn't gone anywhere new since then. The last several gens have offered a big jump in graphics and capabilities and that jump doesn't exist right now.

Both companies are spending millions on new technology that uses the current gen systems. They would be foolish to introduce those innovations then immediately move on. I just don't see that happening.

Pantericulous also in your network settings, it might be redundant, but double ck your settings just to make sure, I run my PS3 through a wireless router and sometimes the signal strength gets to low or if your laptop is accessing the router too might jack it up, might be complex like firmware or simple like throwing your controller when some dude cheats at madden that little bastard...sorry.

I'm thinking of buying a PS3. The reason for this is because I heard that the Xbox 360 has gone about as far as it is going to go, tech wise. The PS3 has more to offer with their up coming games and technology. I think that buying a PS3 won't mean that I'll have to buy another console for a long time. Xbox owners might have to upgrade in a few years.

You haven't seen NATAL have you? Makes Wii and PS3 motion control look like poo if it turns out to work as advertised.

As for Xbox going as far as it can, if so, then most PS3 games have as well. The vast majority of games are multi-platform and are designed for the Xbox 360 first because its easier to develop for, then ported to PS3. In essence, a lot of the PS3 games are restricted by the Xbox 360 as well. Only Sony's very small list of exclusives will fully utilize the PS3.

Archived