• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting new "method to predict QB success"

JawnyBlaze

Looking over these lists... it is accurate in general, but there are some pretty big misses here as well. Matt Ryan is only rated slightly higher than Jamarcus Russell, Alex Smith rated highly, Ryan Leaf is up there as well.

I dunno... seems interesting on the surface, but after a look it tends to seem more random to me.

When a QB enters the league he is what, 22 or 23 years old? Far from a fully developed man. Most men don't even start to really mature until 25.

In cases like Ryan Leaf, much of the blame on the wasted pick can go on the coaching staff and front office. Clearly he was still a child. He needed strong direction and mentoring getting into his everyday life. Same goes for Russel.

Obviously, some young men like Manning didn't need it. But he already had a strong NFL mentor in his life didn't he?

So my question is, should the panthers draft Newton, who do they have that will become that big brother to help mold him as he clearly has some ways to go. They need someone to go above and beyond being a QB coach. I honestly would look into hiring Warren Moon as Cam seems to have already have developed a relationship with him.

They need someone to go above and beyond being a QB coach. I honestly would look into hiring Warren Moon as Cam seems to have already have developed a relationship with him.

Good point and probably a good idea if we were to draft Newton. But how would that affect the QB coach relationship? Would having Moon make Newton think he doesn't have to listen to Shula, or if Shula tells him something does Newton run it by Moon first? I think hiring Moon as an adviser would be a slippery slope. You'd have to think that it wouldn't take long for Shula to start feeling undermined.

Archived