• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dark Knight Rises Plot Details

Razzy

Here's the online community's latest attempt to decipher the plot to The Dark Knight Rises.

Badass Digest claims to have learned from "a good source near the Batcamp" how all the elements we've learned about the film so far -- Catwoman, Bane, Talia Al Ghul -- fit together in the Bat-threequel. The site isn't saying this is for sure, mind you, so bear that in mind when you read these possible (if true) spoilers.

"I can't tell you what role she has in the beginning, but by the end of the story Catwoman isn't a villain but rather an ally of Batman. And who are they teaming up to take out? The League of Shadows," according to Badass Digest. "Headed by Talia Al'Ghul. With Bane, who is her muscle/possible love interest."

They add that they have been told Joseph Gordon-Levitt will also play a villain in the film, but they're not sure which one. Anne Hathaway plays Selina Kyle opposite Tom Hardy as Bane. Marion Cotillard is reportedly up for the role of Talia. Liam Neeson recently told us that he won't be back as Ra's for TDKR.

The League of Shadows makes sense seeing as how they also appeared in Batman Begins headed by Talia's father, Ra's Al Ghul. Bruce Wayne trained with them, so presumably that would be how the villains would already know Batman's secret identity. Hell, they all showed up at the end to burn Wayne Manor down and not all of them died, so presumably someone made it back overseas to tell the tale.

In the comics, Bane spent time with Ra's Al Ghul not long after the former had broken Batman's back during the "Knightfall" storyline. Ra's had considered the musclebound baddie as a possible heir and husband to Talia, but that didn't end up working out. Bane later returned to Gotham City to seek out Bruce Wayne for a very different reason: He'd learned during his stay with Ra's that his mysterious biological father might be the late Dr. Thomas Wayne, which would make him and Batman half-brothers.

UPDATED: Batman-on-Film says its confirmed the aforementioned plot rumors as being accurate.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1153197p1.html

That's a little different than what I had hoped for, we'll see how this pans out. I get it, Batman and Catwoman are love interests, but to me I just feel like it's been done before.

• 2 months later...

I was just about to post this as a new thread. First of all Tom Hardy looks big as sh*t in the picture. Second I think that Bane and the Riddler are the last realistic villains for a Nolan film. I'm excited to see what Nolan can do with catwoman though.

• 2 months later...

Archived