• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Packers don't tender James Jones (making him an UFA)

Cyclonus

I still think Gettis is a star in the making. has the size and speed, and he can catch. Lafell shines at times. and we all know steve smith. nothing else is a given. Going to need another "solid" (as Rivera puts it) option on the field via FA or the draft.

We have one great receiver who is getting older. We have a couple of young guys who have shown some potential. We certainly don't have one of the best groups of receivers in the league, at least not yet.

That being said, not sure if I want this guy unless we can pick him up cheap. We have greater needs in other areas.

I will be happy if the Bears pick him up, though I don't think we will... and the Panthers might have a "special" WR core... but I saw nothing this past season to indicate as much

Are you sure you know what u saw? Or are you stupid just like soloman wilcots? Did you actually see Panthers game this year or just read the news that bashes us any chance it gets, even if we are 12-4..... If you had seen any Panther games this year you would have seen we have absolutely no qb talent what so ever and if you don't have a qb who can thrown the damn ball you can't do poo, and that's exactly what we had all season long.....

Eh, I'd still like to get AJ Green. Next year's crop of WRs don't really match up to the top two this year. Justin Blackmon looks good, but not in the same league as Green yet.

On a side note, you guys remember before this past season and people were clamoring at the chance to draft Green or Jones this year? heh, good times. Never did we think our pick would be TOO HIGH, in some people's opinions, to draft either.

It's looking extremely doubtful that we'll actually take Green. I'm almost certain we're going Newton, Gabbert, Bowers, or Dareus. Though Green would be #2 on my list, right behind Cam.

Of course, there will probably be trade offers, especially if the rookie cap is indeed in place. I think we take one of the four above even if we trade with Cincy or arizona. However, Green could drop to 7 (San Fran) or 8 (Tenn). If so, he would be the BPA and I assume the four above will be gone.

Then we might grab Green, Fairley, Peterson, or Quinn-depending on who is left. (To me, this would be ideal)

We have one great receiver who is getting older. We have a couple of young guys who have shown some potential. We certainly don't have one of the best groups of receivers in the league, at least not yet.

That being said, not sure if I want this guy unless we can pick him up cheap. We have greater needs in other areas.

True. To add to your comments, Smith is possibly gone. ALthough we stand to get compensation, if we don't upgrade at the spot, we have a better corner and more focus on Gettis and Lafell. In addition, we need 4 WRs in this offense.

Do I think Jones is the answer? No. Green Bay had several WRs who took the focus on him, and he had one of the top 5 QBs in the league putting the ball where it needed to be-and he still dropped the damn ball (The Best of Times reference for all old people). He was better there that he will be here.

Why would Green Bay let him walk? His hands are more than suspect. We already have one WR like that, maybe 2. A sure-handed WR would be nice. I'd rather have Mike Walker with his injury concerns.

Archived