• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Packers don't tender James Jones (making him an UFA)

Cyclonus

lol wasn't James Jones a guy many thought would be included in a trade for DWill in the middle of the season? now people don't want him?

Exactly! Now everybody is trying to convince themselves that the Panthers are set at WR. Smitty is on the down side of his career. It's obvious he's disgruntled and there's no guarantee he'll be here next season. Gettis had some flashes. But it's a bit early to say they are the answer.

This is the truth. Those receivers from the Packers have Aaron Rodgers throwing them the ball. How is it that it seems every receiver on that team looks like five-star talent? The truth is it's not that James Jones is a good receiver, but that Aaron Rodgers is a superb QB. We have good receivers as well, and Gettis and LaFell are probably better receivers than James Jones.

Just because you have a really good QB throwing you the ball, doesn't mean he's the only reason your succeding. I think its safe to say had Jones came here last year he wouldve been able to put up 300 to 400 yards.

So what would give you any indication gettis and Lafell are better?

Just because you have a really good QB throwing you the ball, doesn't mean he's the only reason your succeding. I think its safe to say had Jones came here last year he wouldve been able to put up 300 to 400 yards.

So what would give you any indication gettis and Lafell are better?

I'd say their size and speed. Gettis may even be a marvelous route runner one day, I saw that potential on his touchdown against the 49ers.

I haven't seen James Jones juke someone like that. (Although I admit I haven't seen much of him)

man during the season everyone would have given their left nut for anyone from the packers WR corps but now we are content with what we have? go figure

but remember that anyone from the packers WR corps looks as good as they do because they have Aaron Rodgers throwing to them. Will Jones be as good with Clausen? Hell, look at the season Smith had with clausen.

Clausen could make Fitz and Andre look mediocre.

Archived