• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you know anyone in Madrid...

TheRealDeal

please pass this along. We're looking for all the help we can get.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/03/03/spain.missing.student/index.html?iref=allsearch

Austin Bice, a colleague's son and former intern of mine, has been missing in Madrid, Spain for about a week now. He is an SDSU student that is studying abroad.

Last Friday night he was denied entry to a nightclub for being intoxicated and his friends got in so he decided to walk home and no one has seen or heard from him since. His credit card and cellphone have not been used.

His father is there now helping the search and recently the state department, Senator, Congressman, FBI, embassy, etc are helping and applying pressure to find Austin.

If you know anyone that lives there or close to there please send the message along so Austin can have a safe return.

Thanks.

Wow, I was just there last year. Madrid is a big city and being alone at night is NOT smart. I rode the train at night but had friends with me and people on the train did not seem friendly.

I will keep his family in my thoughts and spread word to everyone I know in Madrid.

Wow, I was just there last year. Madrid is a big city and being alone at night is NOT smart. I rode the train at night but had friends with me and people on the train did not seem friendly.

I will keep his family in my thoughts and spread word to everyone I know in Madrid.

He's a big kid so he probably didn't think anything of it.

6'5" and used to be around 300 lbs but is now around 240.

Appreciate it.

I have friends in Madrid. What part of the city was he last seen?

I'm not exactly sure, they said the name of the club, something like disk jockey or something. The article has a lot of good details and there are a few facebook groups about it if you can direct them there they could get more details.

I really do appreciate any help any of you could provide.

Archived