• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Similarities between 2008 and 2011 drafts.

JawnyBlaze

People need to realize that the supporting cast is the most important factor. If the peices are not in place, the QB fails. Many think the QB should sit for two years to improve success rates. There is something to that, but a big reason is this: it gives the other players time to adjust to the QB.

Gabbert has happy feet. On the video I watched (vs. Illinois), he was scramblins his butt off vs. a three man rush. Rarely did I see him step up into the pocket. This can be fixed. He throws a good balll with a quick release and seems to be smart. I think his happy feet and scrambling are directly associated with his inaccuracy issues. If we draft him, we need the peices in place first (TE, RG, T depth, WR).

Many are saying that Gabbert would be a huge reach, which is the point of this article. However, any player we take would be a reach. Nobody we need is worth the first pick. Ths draft has a Cam, however, and he could bring on a trade. Hard to compare the two drafts at the QB spot and not mention Newton.

http://www.derp/2011/3/2/2025423/shades-of-2008-characterize-the-2011-draft

I don't particularly agree with the QB comparison, but a very good article over all.

Do you mean Gabbert-Ryan or Clausen-Beck?

If my memory serves me, the Dolphins reached for Beck in the second because they did not address QB in the first.

Beck was considered a mid rounder whose stock rose before the draft. I think Beck was 25 when drafted due to the Mormon missionary requirement.

Clausen was a top 15 pick whose stock dropped. Still, many teams face this situation.

Honest to god, other than the Peterson comparison and the fact the he is suggesting we should take Gabbert, this guy may be on to something.

The part he got wrong in my opinion- Peterson is Jake Long, where Gholston is AJ Green. Just my opinion

Don't draft a qb for the sake of drafting a qb.

They better believe whomever they pick, is their guy.

Cause there is better talent at other positions, they will be passing up , if they draft a 3rd gb in the span of one year.

I think everyone agrees with you. The debate is whether that guy is in this draft or not.

If the FO doesn't think a potential franchise QB is in this draft they probably should pass.

I and others think there is one or two that can become those guys

Archived