• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Carolina Panthers - Trend Setters!

Tarheels23

Some people think he was cheap by keeping Fox instead of firing him

He absolutely was and it set the franchise back at least 1 year. Now Clausen and the other guys have to learn a new defense and offense which they could have learned last year and they would have been a year ahead of where they are now.

The problem with your comparison is that these teams are cutting guys that are grossly overpaid and due huge bonuses and guaranteed money so that they can make better use of the that cash/cap space. The Panthers got rid of every possible vet they could conceivably come up with an excuse to cut and then replaced them with a bunch of cast away scrubs. JR didn't reinvest the money to improve the team, he lined his own pockets in preparation for a lockout. Huge difference.

Im sure the CBA is a big reason why teams are doing this right now. JR was planning for the CBA last year where most teams are just now worrying about it. I wouldn't call them trend setters as much as we prepared for the lockout before other teams.

You know most fans wouldn't be so happy an owner blatantly tanked the season, apologizes to PSL owners by saying he didn't believe it would be this bad. Going young doesn't have to mean stripping your team of everything to become one of the absolute worst teams in NFL history, think about that. What would it take for you guys to get off his nuts? Does he have to literally burn down the stadium or what? I paid to see many games last year and as a fan I have lost almost all respect for him. At least the other owners planned to do this now, instead of last year, yes it cost them a little more to not be the worst team in the NFL but at least they didn't go extreme.

If you can criticize those teams who splurged last year you have to also judge the other side of the spectrum, those teams who spent much too low. This is the off season lots of players are going to be cut, and a lot of unexpected ones will be too because of the CBA.

Until he does as he says, keeps his end of the bargain and signs our core, as well as use the money he saved to build a winning team, he is in debt to his fans in my opinion. Especially PSL owners, and if you don't agree with that then you don't agree with JR himself, as he did apologize.

ummm... "become one of the absolute worst teams in NFL history" really? are you stupid? 2-14 one of the worst in history? maybe you should go be a bucs or lions fan for a bit. Sure, last year sucked, but did JR do that on purpose? did he know Matt moore sucked? 90% of the people on here didn't. did he know half our team was going to get hurt? sure, he left a lame duck coach in, and decided to focus on youth. it was a smart move. it totally and completely backfired... but still, "one of the absolute worst teams in NFL history" don't be naive.

To be completely honest here.. I don't think team's are following the Panther way of cutting veterans. The Green Bay Packers were the 2nd youngest team this season, and they won the Super Bowl.. they are following the Packers, not the Panthers. It just so happens that we were the #1 youngest team by coincidence. This is a copycat league, but I can assure you, they are not copying us. Lol.

What teams like the Jets are doing is not the same as what we did last year releasing everyone over the age of 30 with the exception of 3 or 4 players. And they are not doing it for the same reasons. Funny how some folks find correlations to fit their mindset instead of fitting it to the facts.

except when the jets are "rumored to be releasing players with the intent to re-sign them at a cheaper price" and the Panthers "are dropping all their 30 year old players in an effort to save costs and prove a point".... there is a difference

Archived