• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Carolina Panthers - Trend Setters!

Tarheels23

You know most fans wouldn't be so happy an owner blatantly tanked the season, apologizes to PSL owners by saying he didn't believe it would be this bad. Going young doesn't have to mean stripping your team of everything to become one of the absolute worst teams in NFL history, think about that. What would it take for you guys to get off his nuts? Does he have to literally burn down the stadium or what? I paid to see many games last year and as a fan I have lost almost all respect for him. At least the other owners planned to do this now, instead of last year, yes it cost them a little more to not be the worst team in the NFL but at least they didn't go extreme.

If you can criticize those teams who splurged last year you have to also judge the other side of the spectrum, those teams who spent much too low. This is the off season lots of players are going to be cut, and a lot of unexpected ones will be too because of the CBA.

Until he does as he says, keeps his end of the bargain and signs our core, as well as use the money he saved to build a winning team, he is in debt to his fans in my opinion. Especially PSL owners, and if you don't agree with that then you don't agree with JR himself, as he did apologize.

JR is one of the best owners in football. The crap he took for last season and the sudden label of being cheap is completely unwarranted IMO

Last year he was cheap. He cut players and didn't bring in equal talent to replace them. I have no problem with JR, but IMO the crap he took was warranted.

What teams like the Jets are doing is not the same as what we did last year releasing everyone over the age of 30 with the exception of 3 or 4 players. And they are not doing it for the same reasons. Funny how some folks find correlations to fit their mindset instead of fitting it to the facts.

Last year he was cheap. He cut players and didn't bring in equal talent to replace them. I have no problem with JR, but IMO the crap he took was warranted.

Exactly. People automatically assume you are attacking the owner, just because they are a fan of the team. Everything so far has been warranted, JR was never called cheap until last year. People need to get a grip and start questioning actions that hurt their team, rather than justify everything just becasue he is the owner. Get over the stupid false sense of loyalty and look at what has been done. JR has much to do to prove he is still a competent, respectable owner and we as fans need to hold him to it.

I don't think he was cheap I think he was saying F U to fox by not spending anymore money just so the team can go 8-8 again.

All of his decisions last year were not in anyway made with winning in 2010 being a priority. But I don't think he's cheap.

I don't think he was cheap I think he was saying F U to fox by not spending anymore money just so the team can go 8-8 again.

All of his decisions last year were not in anyway made with winning in 2010 being a priority. But I don't think he's cheap.

Some people think he was cheap by keeping Fox instead of firing him

Yeah he was cheap for sure. Otherwise you can your lameduck coach and bring in Rivera and his staff to work with Clausen and the rookies and you are a year ahead of where we are. You don't cut guys like Hoover and Lewis who are in the last year of their contract and still productive.

And you don't fail to bring in any free agents to fill positions. Richardson said it himself. If we aren't going to win with the vets, then we will go with the young guys and save a ton of money.

Archived