• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Walking Golf Courses

fitty76

If you are playing a course with the 90 degree rule, you probably end up walking more than if you had no cart at all!!! But you don't have to carry your clubs and it's easier to have a couple drinks with a cart!

If you really want to drink and walk load up with a jack and coke at #1 and refill at the turn. Easy to carry around. Cup with a lid and straw.

If you want to get hammered, which I occasionally do, throw a couple Coors lites in at #1 and the turn.

If you need to get blasted throw a fifth in the bag and improvise. The calories you burn carrying totally offset.

i think if i started a public course i would make it walking only with a required forecaddy. i really think you could make it work from an expense standpoint.

I do think there should be some walking only publinx courses. The publinx have gone completely cart only. I'm down here in Myrtle Beach and was looking for a walking course. There isn't any.

It's such a great feeling to walk 18 holes. It is just too bad the carts have taken over.

Hidden

Bushwood doesn't allow carts. And to solve the problem, don't allow over-weight, or fatties to come and play on the course. There should be a course for fit people, and then a course for obese people, cause really, who wants to play behind people throwing chicken bones and pizza boxes all over the course?!

I do think there should be some walking only publinx courses. The publinx have gone completely cart only. I'm down here in Myrtle Beach and was looking for a walking course. There isn't any.

It's such a great feeling to walk 18 holes. It is just too bad the carts have taken over.

In two months or so when I can play again, come up to Wilmington and we'll walk 18 at Muni. :D

There's some courses here in the foothills and mountains I wouldn't attempt to walk because of the hills. I'd be wore out before the turn! :ack2:

I am 100% with you on that one!!! Got chased by a grizzly last time I played just outside of Banff...was very happy to be in a cart.

we don't know that Fish and Wildlife and a course rep were watching the bear from another nearby hole...but they lost him when he went in the trees. It was a short chase that ended in them firing noise cannons at him to scare him away...but it was exhilerating to say the least.

Archived