• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Billick is a hater too

TheRealDeal

The fans and reporters (Cam lovers) are now having to give way to the comments of the experts (former coaches and former player personnel directors) who have a little better grasp of, as Real Deal so eloquently puts it, reality.

And I am not a hater- I see CN's potential. I am a realist. I also see the risk, and opt not to gamble with this pick.

Tren Dilfer says hi. I think he might actually have that exact same ring you guys are flashing.

Good to see TRD finally say he is a hater. He used to say he would give him a fair shake.

Glad you finally say what you mean.

anyone with any doubts about Cam Newton is a hater, and maybe worse. It's obvious!!!

Not true I have doubts about Cam and i love him. My doubts are the same that they would be for any highly rated QB coming out of college.

I even have doubts about the greatest QB prospect in the history of football. The great, slam dunk first ballot hall of famer, preseason MVP his rookie year, the TRUE icon ....Andrew Luck

Of course not everyone is going to like Newton. It doesn't make them wrong or right. Talking heads are like people on the huddle they will all have strong opinions positive or negative.

When will we find out if these folks are right or not? In a few years at the earliest. There is no need to disparage Billick for his opinion or to point out the fact that he is not a very good judge of quarterbacks. In the end we will find out who is the real deal and who is a real pretender.

it wasn't just brian, mike mayock says he's the #3 qb so why would we draft the #3 best qb with the #1 overall pick?

Because if we draft Newton we think he is the best quarterback for us. Doesn't really matter what the talking heads think. For my money I would listen to Gil Brandt. He did this professionally and did a pretty good job.

Archived