• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for the health food folks

Zcustom

If people would cut out chips, fries, and soda they probably would lose 20-30 pounds over the year.

ding ding ding!

and I agree about the carbs too..your body needs them for energy. cutting down is fine and of course getting rid of processed foods is a must... But to completely void your body of them is imo, stupid

I was never a huge soda fan, so for me to completely cut out soft drinks of any kind wasn't hard at all. Stevia all the way for me

Getting my lazy ass up and to the gym 5 mornings a week has also helped me get to an almost 25 lb loss.

My husbands has gotten into eating healthy. He weighs less then he did when we started dating (he was 20 and in good shape). He's been watching his food intake and working out. He looks awesome. I'm jealous of all the women that get to see him at work everyday.

what is this Stevia you speak of?

and yes...simply just cutting soda out can make a huge difference...especially if you just replace it with clean pure water

Stevia is an all natural sweetener made from the stevia plant.

I use it in my coffee and my tea. I no longer eat or drink anything made with artificial sweetener...

I buy it at Trader Joe's. It's 10$ an oz, which while it sounds expensive..it's 200-300 times sweeter than sugar so you don't use the same amount as you would if you were sweetening your drink with sugar or equal (i use 2 of those little tiny scoops for my coffee)

Stevia.jpg

and Z..when did you start? October 25th was the day I changed

oh and I stopped drinking like a fish too..that has helped..

We like spicy food to, but here's the plan. If we are going to make spicy chicken, keep a piece set aside with nothing on it and cut it up after cooking. Add some type of noodle/pasta, but keep the kids separate and not put anything extra on it. Cut up apples/pears for desert for her.

I don't even remember, I just remember that it was the same time you started getting in shape/eating healthier.

I'm getting back on track though, I have no excuse. I am very active so if I quit eating/drinking like a pig I should lose a bunch of weight.

Archived