• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for the health food folks

Zcustom

the thing about carbs is how it produces the rush that it does and the signals it sends to the pancreas. sneaky fat build up from too many carbs.

im not saying atkins diet or whatever but people do need to understand the carb factor.

that's why i started with keeping things simple and easy to remember.

If people would cut out chips, fries, and soda they probably would lose 20-30 pounds over the year.

I cut out fast food, soda, fried foods, & most red meat. The weight loss side of things always seems to come up, but my favorite thing about eating healthy--you can feel better both physically and mentally.

Yeah i've been wanting my own bread maker for a while.

go without. simple whole wheat recipe i use from the james beard cookbook:

2 packages of yeast

2 cups warm water

1 tbl salt

2 tbl veg oil

3 cups whole wheat flour

3 cups all purpose flour

1/4 honey (optional)

proof the yeast with water. mix in dry ingredients gradually adding flour. knead until smooth. cover and allow to rise for one hour or until doubled in bulk. punch down the dough and knead again for three minutes. cut in half. roll each half into a 14x7 rectangle. roll from 7 inch side. place each in a well buttered 8x4 or 9x5 bread pan. cover and allow to rise for another hour. sprinkle loaves with whole wheat flour and bake at 375 for 40-45 (convection oven) or 45-50 minutes (standard oven). yummmmm.

Archived