• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Empire Total War

natty

I'm worried about everything being based on gunpower weapons because I always felt they were underpowered in the medieval games, but I'm sure they can make it work. I really love that they've added real time naval combat - that's something total war fans have wanted from the beginning.

• 3 weeks later...

There's 2 tutorials and 2 real battles(like the historical battles they've always had) you play as Britain on land and sea.

The land battle is against the US the sea battle is against France. It's kind of weird killing George Washington, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do. ;)

There are full releases to certain press out there and from what I'm reading the scope is going to be MASSIVE. Basically taking a small portion of Europe is like a full campaign in Medieval 2.

You can download it through Steam and get an English version. It comes out on Wed and you can pre-download it starting tomorrow I think.

fug. Are they going to require Steam to play it? I get my internet through a 3G modem dongle and it doesn't work with my fugin' Vista 64bit machine. Or, at least, I can't find the drivers.

So, the only internet I have is through my netbook. :(

hey this is great - i am not a teckie at all, years ago when i would buy computer games i would just cross my fingers and hope that they would work on my old computer. i actually just bought a new one the other day and am not sure if this game will work on it (they never compare apples to apples on the specs they give you the specs)

so maybe you guys can help me out. this is what i got.

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8300 (4MB L2, 2.5GHz, 1333FSB)

6GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4DIMMs

ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB

is that going to be enough??

Yeah youll be fine!

Man friday cant come fast enough (pay day.) Ive been waiting for this game since medieval 2 was out. This is going to be the best one so far. The campaign map looks awesome along with naval battles. CANT WAIT!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• This thread generated more than I expected.  Hmmm.  I like a good discussion, but you are all wrong unless you agree with me and I am right.  I recall when we had Cam nut huggers on here and that was fine because he was a Panther.  Now some are hugging on Sanders.  He is a talent, but my point was, he takes a beating. His daddy has been heavy in the portal, has some great athletes, but still can't get a dominant team on the field.  His son is sacked a LOT.  In the NFL, that makes for a short career.  Starter---blue tent---IR---uber driver.
    • He took a kill shot from an unblocked free rusher who might as well have announced he was coming. He looked like Bryce young out there: Bryce in the nfl I mean 
    • Uh oh somebody must be upset about that "Panthers don't know how to run a team post of yours" where I questioned curious to know how you know so much and are qualified perhaps? Projecting or not Deon is a walking talking issue currently and in my opinion as shown by many issues in Colorado the past couple seasons. Shedur will bust and will not be the star his dad was in my opinion also but until we see it all play out, both yours and my opinion is just that; an opinion.  He is a good QB in college no doubt but when he doesn't have dad at the next level I am curious to see how it goes. I was once around Deon however briefly during the COVID era. His eldest son was with a team I was involved with in a capacity for one shortened COVID season. No problem with his boy but his father I could tell was an issue. Without going into details, Deon is something else entirely. Perhaps not a completely bad human being but one that can get extremely toxic and thinks the world should immediately bow to him and do his every bidding because of his own past accomplishments in football. That could get very tough if the right franchise is not found with leadership that will tell him to know his role, sit down and shut up.  Adversity does not define everything true but adversity on a football field during a season is minor compared to life adversity I've seen some other players face first hand who came from nothing and are still dealing with issues currently as they make their way through college. Football field adversity does not compare to the real world off the field and out of the locker room adversity some face. You speak as if you may know something on the subject other than what people see on television and read on the internet. What locker rooms have you been involved in or witnessed the everyday play out during the season once the high school level is passed? I have to admit my experience seeing the everyday lives play out at the NFL level is limited to former players who have gone beyond Div. 1 and I only know what is told to me by them when they return to me in off seasons and breaks so I can't fully get an idea at that level. I have however seen a few days at the college level play out and I base my opinion from the very limited I have seen out of Deon in person and yes probably biased a bit after a few of those very limited interactions but it's my opinion determined by what I have seen over the years with my own eyes out of many situations and players rather than my arm chair GM opinion based upon what I read on the internet and the statistics I see on TV. As I said, we shall see once next season plays out but the Panthers are not equipped to handle what will come with Shedur Sanders I personally believe. A team like the Detroit Lions with a coach like Dan Campbell who is not afraid to tell someone to back off, sit down and shut the hell up I could only guess will be needed when Shedur is drafted and that personality will not be needed for Shedur but for daddy.