• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Empire Total War

natty

I'm worried about everything being based on gunpower weapons because I always felt they were underpowered in the medieval games, but I'm sure they can make it work. I really love that they've added real time naval combat - that's something total war fans have wanted from the beginning.

• 3 weeks later...

There's 2 tutorials and 2 real battles(like the historical battles they've always had) you play as Britain on land and sea.

The land battle is against the US the sea battle is against France. It's kind of weird killing George Washington, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do. ;)

There are full releases to certain press out there and from what I'm reading the scope is going to be MASSIVE. Basically taking a small portion of Europe is like a full campaign in Medieval 2.

You can download it through Steam and get an English version. It comes out on Wed and you can pre-download it starting tomorrow I think.

fug. Are they going to require Steam to play it? I get my internet through a 3G modem dongle and it doesn't work with my fugin' Vista 64bit machine. Or, at least, I can't find the drivers.

So, the only internet I have is through my netbook. :(

hey this is great - i am not a teckie at all, years ago when i would buy computer games i would just cross my fingers and hope that they would work on my old computer. i actually just bought a new one the other day and am not sure if this game will work on it (they never compare apples to apples on the specs they give you the specs)

so maybe you guys can help me out. this is what i got.

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8300 (4MB L2, 2.5GHz, 1333FSB)

6GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4DIMMs

ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB

is that going to be enough??

Yeah youll be fine!

Man friday cant come fast enough (pay day.) Ive been waiting for this game since medieval 2 was out. This is going to be the best one so far. The campaign map looks awesome along with naval battles. CANT WAIT!

Archived