• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have you ever had to make a choice...

TheRealDeal

between following one of your dreams and playing it safe?

Taking a chance at everything you've wanted and worked for or keeping everything you have now?

One shot at greatness vs looking back and wondering what could have been?

Taking that shot has a high chance of failure and you have to leave everything you have behind, steady job, my fiance (travel), friends, etc or you can keep what you're doing now and always wonder?

I know it seems easy to say take that shot but what would you do? Would you go after it?

Thanks

i'm currently at a crossroads between finishing my degree in management which will take only 2 semesters or switch to architecture, which is what i wanted to do for a long time, only i'll lose a lot of credits and will have to go for another 2-3 years

i'm leaning towards switching. i figure the only thing a management degree really prepares me for is to work in what i consider the lowest rung of trade for a degree (food service management, retail management)

i'm currently at a crossroads between finishing my degree in management which will take only 2 semesters or switch to architecture, which is what i wanted to do for a long time, only i'll lose a lot of credits and will have to go for another 2-3 years

i'm leaning towards switching. i figure the only thing a management degree really prepares me for is to work in what i consider the lowest rung of trade for a degree (food service management, retail management)

My advice on that is switch now. The best advice anyone ever told me is that when it comes to education, think of it as an investment that is going to pay you back later in life. Make the switch now to do what you want to do later in life. I switched my major from computer science to business finance a long time ago and I'm much happier now. I couldn't hack it with computers and it's harder to go back to school than it is to just change while you are still there.

Whew well whatever you decide good luck man. MMA is a rough sport though I just hope you're considering all the health aspects and everything.

Yeah I mean I compete now and have done very well but that was in local and smaller cards and shows. I recently got offered the opportunity to take it to the next level with a big time organization but it would require my full time attention. My fiance is in full support and everything but health care and financial stability are important to me. I set up a meeting with my boss and HR and some others to discuss my options going forward on a part time basis or seasonal basis where I work full time then when I'm in camp for a fight either cut back on my hours drastically or take unpaid time off. We'll see how it goes.

Archived