• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have you ever had to make a choice...

TheRealDeal

Now, if this came up because of a possible lock out and you thinking the owners will need players for next year......

No this is a very real opportunity outside of football. I gave up football and anything to do with football besides being a fan a couple years ago. I've worked hard for this in the past and it's getting to a point where I need to make a decision to make it a career choice and move forward or keep it as a hobby/competition and keep it as is.

If your hearts in it, do it, you'll regret it when it's to late and you'll regret anyone that may have affected your decision.

:iagree:

It sounds like you heart is really in this one, TRD and I say go for it.

Regardless of whether you make it or not, you really don't want this one decision lingering over your head. You have my support.

I was just playing about the whole lockout thing. :D

I was uhhh 20 I think. I was working in a manfacturing place making pop fasteners. It really wasn't all that bad except it was dirty work and it was hotter than a mfer in there. I hated it because I've always been smart, I just never really applied myself. It was winter of 98 I think I was looking through the wanted ads for another job. I came across MCSE training classes from New Horizons and they were offering to let people sit in a class for a day for free to check it out. So I did that the next week and decided to say *** it, I'm going for it. I left a job making $12.75/hour, which wasn't bad at 20 in 1998 because my work hours wouldn't allow me to attend classes. Took on a $15k loan to pay for classes and started the classes the next month. I remember after the first class, it was the first class in the NT4 line, some basic networking/hardware class, I wasn't sure this was going to work out because it wasn't clicking yet. I started to think I had fuked up, but I could take any class over as many times as I wanted within a year, so I took the class again and it started making sense. Well, I'm here 11 years later very thankful that I took such a huge risk.

Problem is unless you are at the top the pay is terrible, the hours suck, travel is required, no one is there to help you out but it's doing something sports wise and allows me to compete.

That help out any?

I wouldn't do it, and you listed the reasons yourself.

Archived