• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pep in the pro bowl

dpanthersman

I am pretty sure that the Favre situation was a little different.

I am positive that if Pep was to go on T.V. and start talking sh*t about the Panthers and the organization it would cost him. Someone would still sign him but instead of a classy, good organization it would be the Raiders. Pep knows this.

There is no telling how many teams didn't even fool with Favre because of the drama he had created.

I am pretty sure that the Favre situation was a little different.

I am positive that if Pep was to go on T.V. and start talking sh*t about the Panthers and the organization it would cost him. Someone would still sign him but instead of a classy, good organization it would be the Raiders. Pep knows this.

There is no telling how many teams didn't even fool with Favre because of the drama he had created.

Thats a very good point....all Brett had to do LAST year was to retire in dignity and have his jersey retired as well, sit back and relax......for some reason Pep thinks he has something left to prove with somebody else :rolleyes:

I honestly think Pep feels like he should be a hall-of-fame type player and is blaming others for his not making it to that level. Blame Fox or Trgovac or whomever you wish, but they're not the ones taking plays off and getting shut down by second string tackles.

He's going to go somewhere else, play well, and still never achieve true greatness. And it won't be anyone's fault but his own.

Distinct possibility.

Instead of a game, they should have things that are the equivalent of the NBA dunking contest. Or how about this...the first quarter is AFC West vs. NFC West, the second quarter is AFC South vs. NFC South...

As it is, this game is boring as sh*t every year because most teams only have two, three guys tops on the team.

They used to. NFL's Fastest Man, Skills Challenge, QB Challenge, etc. Recent article on PFT said it's all been discontinued.

Shame really. Fans love that stuff, but I understand why some players might not.

To answer something discussed earlier, was he being evaluated today? Yes and no. Performance in the Pro Bowl has to be taken with a grain of salt, but yes people will still pay attention to plays like that sack and interception.

So, evaluated? Sort of?

Recruited? Absolutely.

You can bet more than one guy was in Peppers' ear today talking about how great it'd be for him playing with their them. Likewise, if the story Boldin told about Steve Smith is true, there may have been some continuation of that discussion. Quite possible Beason spent some time getting acquainted with Albert Haynesworth too.

What sucks is that in the middle of having guys recruiting, there you have Peppers who's been all over the news declaring he wants to leave :mad:

I know, but seeing him play and knowing this is the last time he'll have that Panther helmet on is making it harder to swallow. I was already to trade him and get whatever we can for him, but seeing him play today, I was just kind of hoping to hear we still had a chance...

Agreed! It was very hard to watch. I started feeling like I did when I first heard the news. I thought I was over it, but I guess not.:confused:

Who cares? The NFL is a business, he's just one of the many greedy, self centered players that wants to fatten his checkbook.

if you're refering to peppers that is pretty much bullshit

he never demanded a trade or became disgruntled like many other players have, he played out his contract and then made clear that he wanted to go somewhere else in a respectful and classy way

the proudest moment of his life was being able to buy his mom a nice house with his signing bonus, I don't think that comes from a self centered greedy person

what's greedy and self centered is wanting a player to alter his life decisions just so he can stay on your favorite football team and keep you happy during football season

Archived