• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pep in the pro bowl

dpanthersman

Part of why players like Peppers look so good today is that the offense is vanilla as is the defense with no elaborate schemes to take certain players out of the game. Players also don't work that hard or risk injury playing. Everyone is there to have a good time. No comparison to the regular season.

Ok, was the Sarcasm for just the Fox and Trgo part or for the whole post before it.

If it's just for the Fox part, it's a Dumb statement. there has been absolutely nothing wrong with what we have done with Peppers, as far as Peppers is concerned if he didn't reach his full potential as a Panther it wasn't any of they're doing. Smith is a great player and he comes through hell or high water good or bad it doesn't matter, Jon Beason is a great player and he comes through hell or high water good or bad it doesn't matter, Great Players come through regardless of what's going on or what's around them, it's what makes them great, and if Peppers hasn't been able to it's Peppers problem.

I'm with you on this, man. Peppers is not with you, or me, or the team. It's the truth. He wants to be used some way he is not. My guess is selfishness. Fox and Trgo used him just fine.

I find it hilarious that Peppers has been godly in exhibitions this season. He was a monster in preseason and a monster today. Lazy as hell in the games that mattered though.

Personally, I think that there is another reason beyond being lazy, which in a sense he is.

I think that pretty much his entire life he has been Heads and Shoulders, a better athlete than anyone he has ever gone up against. I don't think that until the pro's anyone ever challenged him in any sport.

Even for the first couple of years as a pro, teams and players had never seen such an athlete and Pep got by without giving 100% because he didn't have to.

Then teams started scheming for him. OC's drew up game plans with a sole purpose of neutralizing #90. Pep does not have that natuaral drive to give 100% because he doesn't know what his 100% is because he has never had to use it.

That is why he thinks that Carolina is not using him correctly because it isn't happening for him like it used to. It is not Fox and co.'s fault though, it is just because Pep is not used to having to give the effort that the added attention from OC's requires.

How many times do you see Pep doing anything much more than a straight up bullrush to the QB.

I think peppers handled this whole situation with class. I mean he could have talked trash about the whole team and spread dirty laundry but he did not so were ever he goes I will watch and admire.

Yeah, because teams are just clambering to sign FA's that love to air dirty laundry about thier old team.

Archived