• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Exit Through The Gift Shop"

fitty76

I read that Mr. Brainwash might be a hoax, put on by Bansky. Because you never actually see MBW create any paintings.

this is 100 percent true. First off this movie is just another one of Banky's great work of arts, just in a different form. Here are the reasons he is a hoax, and Banksy totally duped Los Angeles

1-Mr. Brainwash- the name in itself is a cry to, Brainwashing the public into believing in something that isn't art

2-The first scene, mr. Brainwash sells "designer clothes" for wayyyy overpriced, and admits he they aren't designer at all.

3-His art, which you never see him do, is all copies off pieces Banksy has done, but Mr. Brainwash does them, over and over again and they mean absolutely nothing.

4- When an interviewer asks him about a certain piece he rambles on for a bit about nothing and then finishes with ".....and yeah I am here." He is an actor who is paid to act like he knows something, but really knows nothing about art, and he does a pretty phenomenal job of this.

5- This was a great way for Banksy to obviously not only promote street art, but to also show how foolish Americans can be, he is pretty outspoken against the American government.

6.- When they showed Mr. Brainwash's video, is was painfully awful, and obviously awful. A hearkening to how bad of an artist and his creative mind really is.

7.- Finally, and this is my weakest piece of evidence. Mr. Brainwash's attitude towards his family. Really did no one else find it weird, he was literally never at home! That's because they were all actors.

My friend told me a couple other things, that I can't recall now. But this is a great documentary and I highly suggest anyone should watch it for both the artistic genius and creativity associated with it.

there's been a lot of speculation that brainwash was created by banksy. not that he was fake so to speak but that banksy used this guy, nutured him and helped him and manipulated the art world into making him a success despite him making typical trash "street art" and not having an ounce of talent. in so doing he took the documentary, something that would've been about him and made it about everyone else. if you know banksy's work, you know that thematically, that is what he does.

Archived