• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Strikeforce HW Grand Prix

TheRealDeal

same reason every football fan hates the Cowboys. a lot of undue hype without actually winning a playoff game in a decade.

he is a humble guy who has had an amazing career

he may not be what he used to be now but you can't deny that he is one of the best we've seen(note, ONE OF THE BEST, not THE best)

hate the media for hyping him up, don't hate him

humble means nothing to me, i don't know the man. unless you're an incredibly overt douchebag like a Sonnen or Lesnar, i'm not going to like or dislike a fighter based on their personality.

i've known since the Arlovski fight, and then cemented in the Rogers fight, that this dude is not all he's cracked up to be. he got rocked and beaten up a bit by some pretty middle of the road talent, then landed a wild haymaker for the KO. i knew it wouldn't be long before he got exposed, and it has been annoying listening to his fans for the past few years insist he is the #1 fighter in the world.

MF'er...just watched it since I had to work last night. I thought Overeem was going to win the tourney anyway but being a Fedor fan that sucked. I wonder whats the chances that he now signs with the UFC on a final run. I'd love to see it.

He would have to earn a title shot now, it won't just be handed to him like it would have bern a year ago. Also I find it funny when people hype Fedor up so much. He was never unbeatable.

He would have to earn a title shot now, it won't just be handed to him like it would have bern a year ago. Also I find it funny when people hype Fedor up so much. He was never unbeatable.

No one is unbeatable. If you fight long enough you will lose. GSP has lost, Anderson has lost, BJ has lost, Randy has lost, Wanderlei has lost, and Cain and the others who have not lost will in due time.

I agree that Fedor, if he does go to the UFC, will not get an automatic title shot like he would have before the 2 L's. He should have to fight at least twice before a title shot. He has always fought at around 230lb...25lb may be to much for him to cut.

No one is unbeatable. If you fight long enough you will lose. GSP has lost, Anderson has lost, BJ has lost, Randy has lost, Wanderlei has lost, and Cain and the others who have not lost will in due time.

I agree that Fedor, if he does go to the UFC, will not get an automatic title shot like he would have before the 2 L's. He should have to fight at least twice before a title shot. He has always fought at around 230lb...25lb may be to much for him to cut.

I disagree, I think he would get an automatic title shot. Fedor now isn't Fedor of the past, the guy has been fighting sloppy and doesn't look like his heart is in it anymore. I think if he goes to the UFC, Dana White will want to put him in the spotlight against a good fighter so he'll get humiliated(which is very likely given his recent performances.)

MF'er...just watched it since I had to work last night. I thought Overeem was going to win the tourney anyway but being a Fedor fan that sucked. I wonder whats the chances that he now signs with the UFC on a final run. I'd love to see it.

i think there's veeeeeeeeeeeery little chance of Fedor ending up in the UFC at this point.

Dana offered him a good deal, but it was refused because Fedor has to have his M-1 Russian Mafia co-promoting or he won't fight. you think Dana is going to cave in now after Fedor has lost 2 in a row?

my biggest issue with stopping the fight is Fedor thrives in those situations, being down/etc. I can't blame the ref for stopping the fight, but man how epic would it have been to see him come back in the 3rd for the win.

Doctor stopped it not the ref

fedor is a living legend.

my weight is 285, i whoop all those deta force 200+ lbs all thee time(even seals too). hell no one can touch my stand up.

time for thee king to cut towards 205.

:patriot:

If he still wants to fight 205 is the only place for him to go, he's done as a HW, guys are just too big now.

Plenty of guys cut more than that, and it's not like he's a ripped 230, dude is jiggily. Rampage is around 250 right now he said and he'll get down to 205. If Fedor wanted to, he could make 205 no problem.

Archived