• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore hosts charity lunch for domestic violence shelter

TheRealDeal

there are a number of teams looking for quarterbacks, so he may get a shot... but he is coming off an injury and struggled last year regardless of the reason.

he's got a shot to start some place... even here... and I don't think anyone is really going to give him a commitment at starting, but I could be wrong. I think he has a good shot here if we don't draft anyone. If we do, I think he'll be better off looking elsewhere and I think he will.

Edit; That's not to say a rookie could beat him out - just that I think because of roster spots, the Panthers would bring in some kind of "seasoned veteran" in addition to their younger dudes, and you know it's unlikely they give up on Clausen so...

I never said someone was going to commit to him starting, just somewhere where he can compete.

He's used to doing that, unlike some other QBs

I never said someone was going to commit to him starting, just somewhere where he can compete.

He's used to doing that, unlike some other QBs

yeah, I just misunderstood what you meant.

I think he has a real good chance of ending up here though. Wouldn't be so bad to go into next year with some superveteran, Clausen, and Moore. Moore honestly seems like someone who could do well with what Chud did in Cleveland, and from the way the organization is talking, they are almost expecting him back.

Moore has as good a chance on starting on the Panthers as any other team, even if we draft someone. After all he beat out our last draft prospect for the job and any rookie coming in is likely going to look just as bad in comparison as Clausen did last year during training camp.

The only way I see his starting chances diminish is if we draft a much better FA and right now, there's not too many I can think that can come in here and be so high above the rest that Moore couldn't compete with for the job.

He'd be in the same or worse situation on any other team as far as starting role goes. I think it would be great for him and Clausen to compete for the job again. Since they both had it last year, it would certainly cause both of them to give it all they got to try to get it and would only make both better, imo.

Moore has as good a chance on starting on the Panthers as any other team, even if we draft someone. After all he beat out our last draft prospect for the job and any rookie coming in is likely going to look just as bad in comparison as Clausen did last year during training camp.

The only way I see his starting chances diminish is if we draft a much better FA and right now, there's not too many I can think that can come in here and be so high above the rest that Moore couldn't compete with for the job.

He'd be in the same or worse situation on any other team as far as starting role goes. I think it would be great for him and Clausen to compete for the job again. Since they both had it last year, it would certainly cause both of them to give it all they got to try to get it and would only make both better, imo.

I don't think there will be room for him on our active roster if we draft a QB, because I can't imagine the Panthers going into next year with Moore, Clausen, Rookie at the depth chart. It wasn't that he couldn't beat a rookie out, but he wouldn't be given a rookie's roster spot. I expect us to bring in a FA not on the roster last year and I would be surprised if they cut that person for a roster spot before the season started to keep Moore.

As far as being in the same or worse situation, he could be in a much better situation, where the starter from the previous year is gone and the team isn't potentially taking a rookie, so he could end up competing against last year's backup and a random FA - something like I think will happen here IF we dont draft a rookie. If we do, it complicates matters.

Archived