• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Live report- Smith lobbies Boldin to Car.

Dirtyphill411

Good lord. You've been a member since Nov of last year and you have like 450 posts or something. That means you love the Panthers (great we have something in common) but also love to blab. So please sit and think b4 u fire back. This is already borderline pointless.

Ok man. "Personnel doesn't add up to the difference." That right there is not a smart statement by itself. The offensive personnel around a QB is a big part in contributing to his success. THEN YOU YOURSELF WENT ON TO MENTION PARKER BEING OUT FOR MOST OF THE SEASON. HE IS MISSING PERSONNEL. You argued that their receiving corp is better then ours(I disagree with that too). They are personnel . You consistently dodged Killercat pointing out Pittsburgh's piss poor O line. Ben was running for his life the entire season.

You've got to stop taking certain parts of the argument, ignoring others and just taking shots at someone when you get confused.

I fully agree with you that Ben's defense bailed him out most of the year. They were sick, but he did a good job with what he had especially in the postseason.

Anyways back to the main argument In my humble opinion

Boldin in carolina= not good

Please beef up the D and get "Ears" signed.:svengo:

Actually I was a member since 2005 and had thousands of posts before it was redesigned in November.

Try some reading comprehension. I didn't say personnel doesn't make the difference in an offense, I said that the difference in respective personnel doesn't account for the difference in performance between Jake and Ben in the regular season. Sure Parker being hurt shackled the running game and lowered the overall output but not the passing game.. With a more limited running attack you would expect more reliance on the passing game and bigger numbers like we had in 2006 for example and teams like New Orleans, Denver, Philly or other teams had this year.. Hence the comparison between Smith and Moose versus Ward, Santonio Holmes and Heath Miller. Note the fact that Jake and Ben were ranked almost identically in the regular season in yards, competion percentages and passer rating. Except that Jake was much more efficient doing it with about 100 less atempts due to a 7.9 YPA versus Ben's 7.1.

You gotta stop missing the point entirely.

As for Boldin we won't sign him, too expensive. We will pick up someone much cheaper or keep what we have. But to say that Boldin would be bad for the team or wouldn't make the offense more potent is crazy. He is one of the toughest guys in the league and would be an improvement over almost everyone we could get. He and Smitty are two of the most fearless receivers in the league.

As for signing Gross and upgrading the defense, I agree completely. We can win without Boltin but not with the defense we had the second part of this year.

As much as I doubt the possibility of this happening, it makes me scratch my head to see that people are actually against the idea, and for some ridiculous reasons.

Think whatever you want of Delhomme. The notion that bringing a guy who does what Boldin does on the field would not improve the team is positively goofy.

Using this logic, you could also have argued that the team shouldn't try to get Nnamdi Asomugha if Mike Trgovac was still running the defense. As frustrating as it might have been to have a talented corner playing off the ball, it'd be ridiculous to suggest that his acquisition would do no good, or would make the team worse.

Unless a guy is absolutely the wrong fit for the scheme you run, you never turn down a chance to pick up a talented player at a position of need.

As much as I doubt the possibility of this happening, it makes me scratch my head to see that people are actually against the idea, and for some ridiculous reasons.

Think whatever you want of Delhomme. The notion that bringing a guy who does what Boldin does on the field would not improve the team is positively goofy.

Using this logic, you could also have argued that the team shouldn't try to get Nnamdi Asomugha if Mike Trgovac was still running the defense. As frustrating as it might have been to have a talented corner playing off the ball, it'd be ridiculous to suggest that his acquisition would do no good, or would make the team worse.

Unless a guy is absolutely the wrong fit for the scheme you run, you never turn down a chance to pick up a talented player at a position of need.

Yea I agree, or that by some how adding an offensive player means we can't do anything on the Defense. Or that since our defense needs the most work we shouldn't even talk about the offense.

News flash, we will draft an offensive player in the Draft, we will also pick up an offensive player in FA.

Archived