• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Live report- Smith lobbies Boldin to Car.

Dirtyphill411

"Then came the playoffs"

The one thing everyone ALWAYS said about Jake was "It's ok Jake is money in the playoffs, where it counts."

So now that he lost that credibility......

True. For now he is only as good as his last game. Hopefully that will give Jake a reason to improve his mental game as much as he worked on his physical game last year. Hopefully a new quarterback coach will make the difference. Old dogs can learn new tricks as long as they want to.

Jake = just finished the year with more ints than tds

Ben = sitting at home with his 2nd Super Bowl ring

See there you go again. In the regular season he was 15-12. In the post season he was 1-5. They aren't connected. The first just led to the second. But if he had thrown 21 Tds and 10 Ints in the regular season like Eli it made no difference for either of them in the playoffs. Eli had a 40 rating in the playoffs and they got eliminated in the first round as well. Finished the season 12-4 as well.

No telling what might have happened if the Panthers had the defense Ben had. Could have changed things significantly. Hopefully we get to find out this year.

See there you go again. In the regular season he was 15-12. In the post season he was 1-5. They aren't connected. The first just led to the second. But if he had thrown 21 Tds and 10 Ints in the regular season like Eli it made no difference for either of them in the playoffs. Eli had a 40 rating in the playoffs and they got eliminated in the first round as well. Finished the season 12-4 as well.

No telling what might have happened if the Panthers had the defense Ben had. Could have changed things significantly. Hopefully we get to find out this year.

What the hell are you talking about? They aren't connected? He did play in that post season game correct? I don't believe it was Moore or McCown. Therefore he finishes the year with 16 TDs and 17 INTs.

So Eli had a 40 rating. Wanna know Jakes? It was 39.1 %.

It wouldn't have mattered if we had the Steelers D vs the Cards. Jake turned it over 6 times. 6 TIMES!

What the hell are you talking about? They aren't connected? He did play in that post season game correct? I don't believe it was Moore or McCown. Therefore he finishes the year with 16 TDs and 17 INTs.

So Eli had a 40 rating. Wanna know Jakes? It was 39.1 %.

It wouldn't have mattered if we had the Steelers D vs the Cards. Jake turned it over 6 times. 6 TIMES!

Don't know that. Bottom line in any football game there is momentum and turning points. if you have played you would know that. If we scored and had pressured Arizona instead of caved and let them score at will iwe may have kept with the running game and Jake wouldn't have had to carr yht e ball on his shoulders. it could have made a huge difference. Unfortunately it speculation and what happened-happened. Still the defense was just as much at fault although they seem to be getting a free pass with Trgo gone.

And yeah of course I knew Jakes and elis which is why I mentioned him. Difference is most New York fans are giving Eli the benefit of the doubt. Never thought I would say that Giants fans are more sophisticated than Panther fans like you.

Don't know that. Bottom line in any football game there is momentum and turning points. if you have played you would know that. If we scored and had pressured Arizona instead of caved and let them score at will iwe may have kept with the running game and Jake wouldn't have had to carr yht e ball on his shoulders. it could have made a huge difference. Unfortunately it speculation and what happened-happened. Still the defense was just as much at fault although they seem to be getting a free pass with Trgo gone.

And yeah of course I knew Jakes and elis which is why I mentioned him. Difference is most New York fans are giving Eli the benefit of the doubt. Never thought I would say that Giants fans are more sophisticated than Panther fans like you.

You can make personal attacks all you want, but I just know it's cause I've made the better arguement. You keep telling me to look at reality, when you aren't doing that yourself. Eli has been in the league only 5 years and just won the Super Bowl last year against an undefeated team! I would give him the benefit of a doubt over a QB like Jake that is a turnover machine and has only gotten worse.

You can make personal attacks all you want, but I just know it's cause I've made the better arguement. You keep telling me to look at reality, when you aren't doing that yourself. Eli has been in the league only 5 years and just won the Super Bowl last year against an undefeated team! I would give him the benefit of a doubt over a QB like Jake that is a turnover machine and has only gotten worse.

Last year has no bearing on this year as thisyear has no bearing on next year. Just as conventional wisdom dictates that the playoffs are entirely dfferent than the regular season.

You made an argument you believe to be true and is only supported by other Jake haters on this board. But that hardly makes you right or even in the majority opinion on this or any other opinion you have had. But as in the past that hardly matters to you or deters you from declaring yourself the winner in every discussion regardless of the facts or perception of others. A true legend in their own mind. Congrats.

Last year has no bearing on this year as thisyear has no bearing on next year. Just as conventional wisdom dictates that the playoffs are entirely dfferent than the regular season.

You made an argument you believe to be true and is only supported by other Jake haters on this board. But that hardly makes you right or even in the majority opinion on this or any other opinion you have had. But as in the past that hardly matters to you or deters you from declaring yourself the winner in every discussion regardless of the facts or perception of others. A true legend in their own mind. Congrats.

Haha, so you're making up the rules now as you go. So the past doesn't matter now? If you're only discussing this year, Jake should be even worse in your own mind. Jake had been the same his whole career here with the Panthers except this year he just got worse.

You are the one that challenged my opinion calling it ridiculous. I supported my opinion by providing stats. Then you say Im only using stats for my statements without an opinion behind it. And you continue to say I use no facts when I just provided you with them. That's bullsh*t if you ask me. You choose to play mind games instead of countering my opinion.

Even in your last 2 posts here, you choose to go the personal route instead of having a legit arguement about what I said. You say Giants fans are more sophisticated than me cause they give Eli a benefit of a doubt and I doubt give Jake any. I give you the reasons why I dont and why Giants fans do, then you're gonna tell me the past doesnt matter now? I refuse to fall into your mind games you are trying to play. That to me means you have nothing else better to say about the arguement.

Happy as I am with Peps impending exit, its going to leave our D weaker and its going to sting for a little while... this is going to force our offense to score poo loads of points to compensate for our lack luster D. I dont think Jake can hang with that. 9-7 at best unless Meeks can pull a rabbit out of his @ss.

Happy as I am with Peps impending exit, its going to leave our D weaker and its going to sting for a little while... this is going to force our offense to score sh*t loads of points to compensate for our lack luster D. I dont think Jake can hang with that. 9-7 at best unless Meeks can pull a rabbit out of his @ss.

Then again, peppers' departure will clear up a good sum of cash to fortify the interior line.

As much as I love a pass rusher on the edge, a disruptive interior lineman is not only good for a pass rush but also helps stop the run since most of the time teams that run run up the middle.

Good lord. You've been a member since Nov of last year and you have like 450 posts or something. That means you love the Panthers (great we have something in common) but also love to blab. So please sit and think b4 u fire back. This is already borderline pointless.

Ben did have a good offense with a number of weapons. Personnel doesn't add up to the difference. If you had said the weather especially in December, or you had said Parker being hurt, we could have a discussion. But Ben has Holmes and Ward along with a better tight end who combined were equal to or better than Smith and Moose in ability.

Ok man. "Personnel doesn't add up to the difference." That right there is not a smart statement by itself. The offensive personnel around a QB is a big part in contributing to his success. THEN YOU YOURSELF WENT ON TO MENTION PARKER BEING OUT FOR MOST OF THE SEASON. HE IS MISSING PERSONNEL. You argued that their receiving corp is better then ours(I disagree with that too). They are personnel . You consistently dodged Killercat pointing out Pittsburgh's piss poor O line. Ben was running for his life the entire season.

You've got to stop taking certain parts of the argument, ignoring others and just taking shots at someone when you get confused.

I fully agree with you that Ben's defense bailed him out most of the year. They were sick, but he did a good job with what he had especially in the postseason.

Anyways back to the main argument In my humble opinion

Boldin in carolina= not good

Please beef up the D and get "Ears" signed.:svengo:

Archived