• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Live report- Smith lobbies Boldin to Car.

Dirtyphill411

Remind me though. Isn't Boldin a free agent? Pretty sure he is.

If so, trade scenarios don't apply unless he receives a franchise or transition tag.

7/31/2005: Signed a four-year, $22.67 million contract extension through 2010. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed, including a $5 million signing bonus. 2009: $2.75 million, 2010: $3 million, 2011: Free Agent

Yeah, in the 2006 Pro Bowl, Steve lobbied Shaun Alexander to not re-sign with Seattle but rather sign with us (he was the league MVP that year and got a nice fat contract extension instead). Thus we drafted Deangelo and Shaun busted big time.

But why not, lets add another WR to our already six deep roster while hoping to find a DE and DT in a weak free agent class and draft in those positions with no first round pick

Oh, and since Lucas is probably going to be cut and Hangman will probably be lost, who cares about a quality #3 CB to push Marshall and finding a quality backup OG/C to groom to replace Vincent who may be gone after next season (or sooner with his injury history).

Yep, a WR with a bad attitude and potential to be a locker room cancer sounds great!

Note to people. Only so many offensive weapons can be on the field at a time and none of them can play D.

Losing the entire defensive coaching staff will not make our 18th ranked D become top 10 again with no Peppers unless upgrades happen.

I agree, with as much as would like Boldin and smith on the same field in a panther uni. We need help on Defense Bad.

As for the points you've made, We will have a first. Peppers will be traded for at least a first rounder. The draft isn't deep at those positions though.

All good receivers are like that, We just see it now that the game is much more public now then it has ever been.

Fox believes we already have that 3 CB in CJ wilson, Fox really likes Wilson. He will be the Nickel next year.

Something tells me Fitzgerald said it jokingly and everyone is reading too much into it.

Doubtful. There are tons of threads on the subject on the Cards board. Not saying you're wrong, but usually message boards weed out the "fake" info fairly fast and the "close to true" rumors span pages...which the Q threads over there have.

Has anyone else noticed recievers always want to come here??

Ocho Cinco

Keyshawn

i believe im missing a few and now Boldin?

That's kind of awesome.

i like our trio of Smitty, Moose, and Jarrett, but if we had a legit shot of getting Boldin, its kind of hard to turn down.

Remember, thanks to all of Q's whining out in the desert, teams are gonna be able to low-ball the crap out of the Card's because they know they have to get rid of him, same goes for us and Pep.

Yeah, in the 2006 Pro Bowl, Steve lobbied Shaun Alexander to not re-sign with Seattle but rather sign with us (he was the league MVP that year and got a nice fat contract extension instead). Thus we drafted Deangelo and Shaun busted big time.

But why not, lets add another WR to our already six deep roster while hoping to find a DE and DT in a weak free agent class and draft in those positions with no first round pick

Oh, and since Lucas is probably going to be cut and Hangman will probably be lost, who cares about a quality #3 CB to push Marshall and finding a quality backup OG/C to groom to replace Vincent who may be gone after next season (or sooner with his injury history).

Yep, aWR with a bad attitude and potential to be a locker room cancer sounds great!

Note to people. Only so many offensive weapons can be on the field at a time and none of them can play D.

Losing the entire defensive coaching staff will not make our 18th ranked D become top 10 again with no Peppers unless upgrades happen.

since when is boldin a bad attidude and is a locker room cancer.

we also have to think about next offseason, if dwill has another monster season. He's probably going to want a raise and a considerable one at that. Does anyone think that we can afford the contract of delhomme, gross, smith, otah, Stewart, Dwill plus Boldin just for offense. I mean seriously your talking about a insane amount of cap space for a handfull of players. That would probably be close to 40 or maybe even 50 million in cap space for 7 players all on the same side of the ball on a run first team.....

Most of Boldin's catches were short over the middle with great YAC. Jake would love to have to have another guy who could stretch the field. I think a new quarterback coach will help Jake with his reads and seeing the field better. It isn't like Moose didn't get a lot of catches. Moose had almost a 1000 yards himself. Imagine Boldin catching all those balls with his speed. And Moose and Jarrett as the 3rd and 4th receiver. It won't happen but we can dream anyway.

FWIW, Peppers already spends a lot of time in Phoenix, I wouldn't be surprised if Peppers hasn't inquired through his agent about going there. You don't imagine that getting rid of the DC to go to a 3-4 had anything to do with sweetening the pot for Peppers. I am only kidding, of course.:nono:

I think for the most part we have the right personnel on offense with Jake being the weak link, no pocket presense, no mobility, inacurate arm, piss poor dicision making ability, that doesnt keep the defense honest. I know we'r stuck with him so im going to say a prayer and hope his new coach can make him a better player. Im still not thrilled with the offensive plays we run or is it our execution. I think our offense right now is like having a porsche and driving it in a school zone.... cant wait to see what transpires in the next few weeks...

I think for the most part we have the right personnel on offense with Jake being the weak link, no pocket presense, no mobility, inacurate arm, piss poor dicision making ability, that doesnt keep the defense honest. I know we'r stuck with him so im going to say a prayer and hope his new coach can make him a better player. Im still not thrilled with the offensive plays we run or is it our execution. I think our offense right now is like having a porsche and driving it in a school zone.... cant wait to see what transpires in the next few weeks...

Don't agree at all on your assessment of Jake. He makes mistakes like most quarterbacks and has poor games at times. He is coming off reconstructive surgery so I am sure he made some poor throws but not sure as to why. As for his decision-making unless you are in the huddle or know what play was called or where everyone was supposed to be you don't have a clue as to whether it was a good or bad decision. All you see is the result of the play which could be his fault, the receiver's fault, or a good play by the defense. As for keeping the defense honest, you have no idea how many times he also exploits the defense by calling audibles or changing plays.

As most fans we all have opinions based on what we beleive or see on TV. I am optimistic that he will be even better next year and think he will need to be with our likely tough schedule.

Jake can surely improve but after the offense we had this year and a chance to get better, I don't see Jake as the weak link at all.

I don't care if you bring Jerry Rice in the prime of his career opposite of #89, Jakes still going make 3-5 horrible throws per game. Some post in this thread are making Matt Millen look like a genius.

That is no different than any quarterback. Look at Roethlesburger who won the Superbowl this year. Our offense scored more points, Jake had better statistics and Ben threw more picks. But because Ben had a better defense, they won it all. Jake had 9 games this year where he threw no picks at all.

The reality is that the facts dispute much of this innuendo. Jake is not great but he surely is a good quarterback and isn't the problem on our team. In the second half of the year it was the defense not the offense that let us down.

Jakes problem is he doesn't spread the ball around. When Smith is in the game he doesn't necessarily lock on to him but he's the guys he's aiming for everytime. The San Diego game was Jake's best performance in my opinion. He got the ball around to everyone and he got everyone's hopes up for the potential of this offense. But when Smith came back in it was play action look for Smith, panic when he's covered, high lob pass to Moose. We've got the weapons already. It would be nice to have Boldin but we could be just fine without him. They need to get Jake to practice without Smith.

Don't agree at all on your assessment of Jake. He makes mistakes like most quarterbacks and has poor games at times. He is coming off reconstructive surgery so I am sure he made some poor throws but not sure as to why. As for his decision-making unless you are in the huddle or know what play was called or where everyone was supposed to be you don't have a clue as to whether it was a good or bad decision. All you see is the result of the play which could be his fault, the receiver's fault, or a good play by the defense. As for keeping the defense honest, you have no idea how many times he also exploits the defense by calling audibles or changing plays.

As most fans we all have opinions based on what we beleive or see on TV. I am optimistic that he will be even better next year and think he will need to be with our likely tough schedule.

Jake can surely improve but after the offense we had this year and a chance to get better, I don't see Jake as the weak link at all.

That is no different than any quarterback. Look at Roethlesburger who won the Superbowl this year. Our offense scored more points, Jake had better statistics and Ben threw more picks. But because Ben had a better defense, they won it all. Jake had 9 games this year where he threw no picks at all.

The reality is that the facts dispute much of this innuendo. Jake is not great but he surely is a good quarterback and isn't the problem on our team. In the second half of the year it was the defense not the offense that let us down.

Jake had 5x the offense around him that Ben had. He had arguably the best receiver in the league with a solid number 2. The best running back tandem and a top 5 o line. I do not think of Ben as an "elite" qb but I would bet the farm that he would've done better with our O around him.

Yes I know Jake sometimes does good calling smokes to Smitty and changing plays when necessary. I am no football genius but I also know that slinging it into double coverage after starring down one target is dumb. Those 9 games you point out are great but what about the other ones where the "Raging Cajun" showed up and molested our hopes?

Jake couldn't utilize Boldin enough for our offense to justify the money. If we had an elite top 5 QB I could see it.

Archived