• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Live report- Smith lobbies Boldin to Car.

Dirtyphill411

No, he's not, but he's been asking for a trade. He's more unhappy than Peppers and his relationship more splintered with the Cardinals than Peppers with the Panthers. If we ever did consider a trade like that, his unhappiness there could give us leverage in a trade.

Our whiner for theirs... :lol:

This is extremely unlikely ...

1. Why would Boldin come to a offence that is run first, has only a slightly above average Qb, and already a number one WR. He wouldnt get thrown here more than he did Arizona

2. We already need to sign Gross to a huge contract and I doubt we have enough money afterward to spend on Boldin Add to the fact that it's the defence that needs help and spend money on.

1. Why would Boldin come to a offence that is run first, has only a slightly above average Qb, and already a number one WR. He wouldnt get thrown here more than he did Arizona

2. We already need to sign Gross to a huge contract and I doubt we have enough money afterward to spend on Boldin Add to the fact that it's the defence that needs help and spend money on.

this :yesnod:

Our whiner for theirs... :lol:

pretty much...

to pull off a trade like that though, nobody's trying to shadow Steve Smith with him on the other side of the field. Unless they feel like dropping extra people in coverage and forgetting we have a group of maulers on the offensive line and two very good, very capable 'backs.

Salary cap hocus-pocus has been known to happen, even here.

We went into an offseason a few years back expecting nothing of note. Kemo and Justin Hartwig were signed to big contracts on the first night (witnessed by The Annual Midnight Vigil).

If the team wanted it badly enough, they could probably make it happen.

(that, however, is a very big "if")

how quickly every one forgets how vital ricky Prohel (sp) was on our only trip to the superbowl and how vital he was in that game as well- totally clutch third down receiver- you need potent weapons at all levels- Smitty and Boldin with Moose and Jarrett cycling in would be awesome- the running game would be more open to account for smitty (double team) Boldin perhaps out of the slot demanding at least a jam at the line and for dam sure deep safety help with Jarrett/Moose pulling down the possession balls-

it is not always more blockers that opens up running lanes- makin ghte D spread out and put in a nickleback can be even more potent!

Moose is great no doubt but he is clearly lost a step and is no longer a deep threat- an yes he was also a vertical threatbefore he left- there are several highlights of Moose burning down the Sideline on long TD pass with the Cardiac cats-

Boldin is young physical and tough- he could be an heir apparent to moose- who can certainly teach him to block (hes not too bad at it already) with Jarrett hopefully maturing (he has had a few nice clutch catches this yr too)

I hope our offensive staff has taken a look at others who run 3 wide sets to open up the defense to allow a greater running attack no to mention Boldin would draw much more atn then Moose opening up Smith more-

Remind me though. Isn't Boldin a free agent? Pretty sure he is.

If so, trade scenarios don't apply unless he receives a franchise or transition tag.

Actually, Boldin is signed through 2011. Thats the reason he is so pissed in Arizona.

Cardinals | Boldin says return to team unlikely - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 06 Feb 2009 11:16:01 -0800

ESPN.com reports Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin said he believes the chances of staying with the team for next season is slim because he does not think his relationship with management can be repaired. "I don't think the relationship can be repaired with the organization. It takes more than, 'Well, we did you wrong and we'll pay you this.' It's not about the money. It was always about the principle, guys being true to their word. I guess I was expected to uphold my end of the bargain, and it wasn't reciprocated," Boldin said.

I really don't see what leverage he has over the team. They have another WR in Beasley that could step up to be the #2 and he if sits than he is going to have to sit for 2 seasons. JMO but I dont' think he is going anywhere this offseason. If you are the Cards why would you trade him now?

my bad i was right 40

He has the titanium screws and plates in his head to prove it — 40 screws, seven plates, after an operation to repair a broken bone in his sinus after being belted in Week 4 by Jets safety Eric Smith.

He missed just two games.

"I remember everything about that play," he said.

But why not, lets add another WR to our already six deep roster while hoping to find a DE and DT in a weak free agent class and draft in those positions with no first round pick

Actually, this is the reason why I think if they are going to give spend some big money in the offseason they should spend it on an offensive player. I would rather they trade Peppers for Boldin than to sign Banard Berry to some outragous contract and then use a first rounders they get for Pep on some DT they are reaching for that ends up to be a bust.

I'm not saying trading for Bodlin is the best move on the part of the Panthers but it wouldn't be the worst. If they start trying to replace Peppers and Jenkins and Rucker this offseason by reaching for and over paying for players, they (Fox and Hurney) will end up setting the organization back for a long time. Just like the draft, don't reach in FA and take the best player availible.

Gross if he signs long-term won't make much more than he did last year. When we franchised him he made the average of the top 5 left tackles at his position so even if he were the highest paid the contract would likely be back loaded so the cap hit will probably be less than he made under the franchise tag.

If we manage to restructure some guys like Lucas and Delhomme, Lewis, etc to fit Peppers under the cap, once he is traded that frees up 16.8 million to play with. That would sign Boltin as well as a DE or DT as well. Don't know we would do it but the new quarterback coach is surely lobbying for a new number 2 and Boltin would fit that nicely. Having Boltin would make Smith doubly dangerous and would be worth another 7 points a game to us.

Last year we picked up Brayton for a song and I expect Hurney to pull some magic again this year and get us a good DE for cheap. We don't need Peppers if we had a better scheme. Look at Pittsburgh, they plug guys in and they succeed. Harrison had 16 sacks this year. Last year- 8.5, the 3 years before that a total of 4. He came out of nowhere to become a dominant player. And we don't need a 3-4.

Look at Philly. They had 48 sacks last year. Howard had 10 after collected 4 the past 2 years. Cole had 9 and is the only consistent one over the past couple of years. No one else had over 5.

Sure we need a pass rushing DE or DT, maybe both. But a better and more deceptive line scheme to create pressure would go a long way to covering for Peppers when he leaves. After all even his 14 sacks is only 3.5 more than Brayton/Johnson combined for on the other side. If we found one or 2 guys who could do the same on the right side, we would be fine this year if our secondary improved as I think it will.

There will be life after Peppers and improving the offense with 1 or 2 good players will still allow us to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball in free agency and the draft.

Archived