• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Live report- Smith lobbies Boldin to Car.

Dirtyphill411

It is no secret that Boldin wants out of Ari- they paid oodles of money to Fitzgerald and have yet to pony up to Boldin- he is pissed and wants out-

Anyway on NFL live- Fitzgerald was reported as stating that Steve Smith has called and lobbied Boldin to come to Carolina!

I fo one would love to see this happen- he is a young dynamic TOUGH (unlike hackett aka groundhog) WR- he played with like 40 screws holding his skull together! Hackett wont even play with a hangnail!

if only we could pay him......

Pep - Arizone for Boldin ? Doubtful, but hey we can dream :lol:

Smitty holding it down out there for sure.

I still wouldn't take that deal without more from their end. If it's true that they want to switch to a 3-4 though, it at least becomes an intriguing idea.

Boldin has essentially said his bridges are burned in Arizona, same as Peppers here.

I'm a little turn on this one. I would love to have Boldin on this team but even if the Cards would give up a pick to go along with Boldin it wouldn't be a 1st rounder.

There is also the fact that Pep would be going to a team that we play this season.

If Wisenhunt brings in a Pittsburgh guy to run a 3-4 in Arizona I doubt they would be that interested in Peppers seeing how most of their LBers are not big name players before they got to the Steelers.

Yeah, in the 2006 Pro Bowl, Steve lobbied Shaun Alexander to not re-sign with Seattle but rather sign with us (he was the league MVP that year and got a nice fat contract extension instead). Thus we drafted Deangelo and Shaun busted big time.

But why not, lets add another WR to our already six deep roster while hoping to find a DE and DT in a weak free agent class and draft in those positions with no first round pick

Oh, and since Lucas is probably going to be cut and Hangman will probably be lost, who cares about a quality #3 CB to push Marshall and finding a quality backup OG/C to groom to replace Vincent who may be gone after next season (or sooner with his injury history).

Yep, aWR with a bad attitude and potential to be a locker room cancer sounds great!

Note to people. Only so many offensive weapons can be on the field at a time and none of them can play D.

Losing the entire defensive coaching staff will not make our 18th ranked D become top 10 again with no Peppers unless upgrades happen.

Remind me though. Isn't Boldin a free agent? Pretty sure he is.

If so, trade scenarios don't apply unless he receives a franchise or transition tag.

No, he's not, but he's been asking for a trade. He's more unhappy than Peppers and his relationship more splintered with the Cardinals than Peppers with the Panthers. If we ever did consider a trade like that, his unhappiness there could give us leverage in a trade.

Why do we need a WR again. Or has everyone forgot we are a run first team?

The run attack still needs a balanced passing threat to be effective.

Boldin is a big WR that can block, plus his presence would mean that teams could neither concentrate solely on stopping the run nor concentrate primarily on Steve Smith in the pass game. It would also allow Muhsin Muhammad to move to the #3 "Ricky Proehl" position in the offense and would lessen the need for an upgrade at tight end.

I don't see it happening, mind you, but there are most certainly benefits when you consider the matchups.

Yeah, in the 2006 Pro Bowl, Steve lobbied Shaun Alexander to not re-sign with Seattle but rather sign with us (he was the league MVP that year and got a nice fat contract extension instead). Thus we drafted Deangelo and Shaun busted big time.

But why not, lets add another WR to our already six deep roster while hoping to find a DE and DT in a weak free agent class and draft in those positions with no first round pick

Oh, and since Lucas is probably going to be cut and Hangman will probably be lost, who cares about a quality #3 CB to push Marshall and finding a quality backup OG/C to groom to replace Vincent who may be gone after next season (or sooner with his injury history).

Yep, aWR with a bad attitude and potential to be a locker room cancer sounds great!

I can agree with you that WR isn't necessarily a need as much as Dline is, but it's unfair to assume Boldin's a locker room cancer just because he's unhappy with the Cardinals. His beef is more with the organization, not the team. Sort of like Lance Briggs' situation with Chicago.

Archived