• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hazardous Job/pay....

Zcustom

So my buddy got a new job this week, making $310k per year.

He's working with hazardous chemicals as a technician of some sort. He's complaining to me that this job will only last about 5 years (they're slowly shutting down this plant) and that he's concerned the job won't be worth the money if he develops some sort of ailment from the chemicals.

Does he really have anything to worry about?

I only know about working in Rad environments. The governing organizations keep all practices and personnel in check, and there is nothing to worry about there. I was still able to impregnate my wife, and most of the people i've worked with have done the same. I have had to take one shower to get some particles off, but that was at the slummiest of plants, and I was a rookie.

I'd think that there would be the same types of rules to follow in your friends hazardous work environment. Just tell him to always think of safety first.

So my buddy got a new job this week, making $310k per year.

He's working with hazardous chemicals as a technician of some sort. He's complaining to me that this job will only last about 5 years (they're slowly shutting down this plant) and that he's concerned the job won't be worth the money if he develops some sort of ailment from the chemicals.

Does he really have anything to worry about?

310k/yr for five years? I'll take it if he doesn't.

310k/yr for five years? I'll take it if he doesn't.

i was about to say this. PM me the listing if he pusses out Z

They wouldn't be paying that much if there wasn't a major reason to do so.

while this is true, companies aren't willing to take the wrap for major incidents and rules and regulations are in place to prevent them

how many babies has she had now?

this will be our first, but others in the industry have had multiple. some have had as many as Pantha-san

^^ there is PPE that is worn to prevent exposure to the chemicals. I've got the hazwoper training, and I've had all my kids already. I'm ready to go :lol:

Archived