• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As promised

TheRealDeal

points win the game but they don't paint a good picture on proving great defenses are better than great offenses.

This is because the offense affects the amounts of points that are scored by the opposing team. If the take an early lead or if they hold the ball for long amounts of time that helps out the defense. Yards per play would be a better stat IMO. It specifies the defense better.

So??? Last year you had 3 of the top offense left in the final four, and two of them played in the superbowl.....

Using the same 8 teams for original comparison purposes, last year it was split 4 and 4. 4 of 8 were in the top 8 offensively and 4 of the 8 were in the top defensively. If you want to add those together you have 11 of 16 were top defensively and only 6 of 16 were top offensively.

What are you taking your chances with in this "offensive era" of football?

Ah the famous, "I'm going to try and shut up the people that want us to be an Offense First team!" thread...version 43.

Ooooh, I know, let's have the best D next season but start teh Jimmy! It'll work! D pwns all!

The best D would be nice, it'd probably get you a first round bye and a game in the divisional round. With just a minor upgrade over Clausen we'd have a shot at the conference championship and SB.

Don't ignore the facts.

Pretty much if you look at recent history you need either

A) An above average QB who can make plays and win games, a very good running game, and a TOP Nfl defense.

or

B) A Top NFL QB + An above average defense.

Pretty much all of the recent successful teams (Superbowl) fit in 1 of those 2 categories.

Neither is going to guarantee you a superbowl because there are other very good teams in the NFL, and in the Playoffs some very good teams lose to other very good teams.... But when you have a team built like that it gives you a chance to constantly be a factor.

Ah the famous, "I'm going to try and shut up the people that want us to be an Offense First team!" thread...version 43.

Ooooh, I know, let's have the best D next season but start teh Jimmy! It'll work! D pwns all!

haha yes, clearly TheRealDeal wants us to start Clausen next season!

It's important to note that playing stout defense with a good running game isn't necessarily "living in the past" like some have said... but obviously, not everything thinks that.

:D we cool. didn't say anything was wrong w/ that tho

The hate doesn't come from the post itself but from you forgetting the "The" in my name.

I'm not just any real deal. I'm TheRealDeal

Back to your post though, Moore will start next year, I don't know why there is so many threads talking about it. ;)

Archived