• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope we lose to the Giants

hepcat

Yeah, you might think I'm crazy for rooting for the Panthers to get beat by the Giants in two weeks, but if you look at history, all Panthers fans should root for the Giants.

Back in '05, the Panthers were defeated by the Bears in Chicago only to see them again in the playoffs, except this time they came out with a vengence and beat them.

How about this year? The Panthers pushed around the Falcons back in Week 4, only to get throttled by them later in the year.

Tampa smashed the Panthers back in October. The Panthers responded by running the Bucs out of the building on MNF.

Hey, what about those Giants of '07?

In Week 1, The Giants got whipped by the Cowboys and then got whipped AGAIN in Week 10 only to beat Dallas in the playoffs.

In Week 2, the Packers destroyed the Giants, only for the Giants to see those same Packers in the NFC Championship game...and win.

The Patriots defeated the Giants in Week 17 last year to cap off an impressive 16-0 season...only to be defeated by those same Giants in the Superbowl.

See the trend? I have a feeling the Panthers will meet the Giants in the playoffs...likely in the NFC Championship game. While it'd be nice to have that game be in Charlotte, I think history shows that it might be in the Panthers best interest to lose that game...and go up to the Meadowlands. Who knows, maybe I'm just an idiot.

how about this trend,7-0 at home, if we lose to them we are 3-3 on the road and will drop to 3-4 on the road and then would have to face them at their home in the playoffs, no thanks...lets win the next 3 and get homefiled throughout....although i do see where your coming from, just totally disagree

I see what you are saying and if we were both playing for lesser playoff spots then I MIGHT agree with you a little more but there is no way in hell I want the Panthers to have to go to the Meadowlands when we are 7-0 at home this year. We have been abysmal on the road this year and having homefield through the playoffs would pay HUGE dividends for our team.

I see what you are saying and if we were both playing for lesser playoff spots then I MIGHT agree with you a little more but there is no way in hell I want the Panthers to have to go to the Meadowlands when we are 7-0 at home this year. We have been abysmal on the road this year and having homefield through the playoffs would pay HUGE dividends for our team.

It's kinda like the last Williams touchdown last night. Yeah, the Westbrook play where he choose not to score a touchdown can be seen as smart but I'm sorry when you can score you take the points. And wins are even harder to come by than points. What's that saying my grandma always told me? A bird in the hand is worth more than two in a bush.

Yeah, you might think I'm crazy for rooting for the Panthers to get beat by the Giants in two weeks, but if you look at history, all Panthers fans should root for the Giants.

Back in '05, the Panthers were defeated by the Bears in Chicago only to see them again in the playoffs, except this time they came out with a vengence and beat them.

How about this year? The Panthers pushed around the Falcons back in Week 4, only to get throttled by them later in the year.

Tampa smashed the Panthers back in October. The Panthers responded by running the Bucs out of the building on MNF.

Hey, what about those Giants of '07?

In Week 1, The Giants got whipped by the Cowboys and then got whipped AGAIN in Week 10 only to beat Dallas in the playoffs.

In Week 2, the Packers destroyed the Giants, only for the Giants to see those same Packers in the NFC Championship game...and win.

The Patriots defeated the Giants in Week 17 last year to cap off an impressive 16-0 season...only to be defeated by those same Giants in the Superbowl.

See the trend? I have a feeling the Panthers will meet the Giants in the playoffs...likely in the NFC Championship game. While it'd be nice to have that game be in Charlotte, I think history shows that it might be in the Panthers best interest to lose that game...and go up to the Meadowlands. Who knows, maybe I'm just an idiot.

Wouldn't we be better off winning out the rest of the season and taking homefield advantage throughout the playoffs rather than losing and taking a wildcard spot and having to play on the road? I think we stand alot stronger at home this year and hopefully we may earn it.

I want to win, period. Not only because it will send a statement to the rest of the NFL, but a bye and home field in the playoffs would be pretty nice things to have when noone can beat you at home. I don't care about stupid statistics from a team which does not even vaguely resemble the one we have now, the Panthers have to go at it 100% and nothing less is acceptable.

how about this trend,7-0 at home, if we lose to them we are 3-3 on the road and will drop to 3-4 on the road and then would have to face them at their home in the playoffs, no thanks...lets win the next 3 and get homefiled throughout....although i do see where your coming from, just totally disagree

I like this.

Archived