• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honeymoon spots

TheRealDeal

best place to honeymoon in one word: bedroom!

wait until winter and go to Mexico...best bang for your buck in my opinion. Very safe if you stick to the touristy places too, I mean, its not like you are going to honeymoon in some little poo water border town...thats where the issues are. Find a nice 4 or 5 star resort in the Mayan Riviera and love the poo out of it!

Canada....go to Montreal...fairly close so flights would be cheaper and a beautiful city. Afford a little more for flights...a hell yes to Vancouver/Victoria. Fly into Vancouver and rent a car. Drive up to Whistler, take the ferry over to Victoria and see the island. Beautiful

Atlantis is where it's at, my friend...

Wifey and I went there as a "last big trip for a while" before our son was born... Great place, plenty to do, but can get pricey if you don't know what you're going into...

If that is where you decide to go (as it seems you have), let me know and I'll send you all the tips and tricks to make your trip as worry-free and awesome as possible...

Heck, I've even still got our cab driver's business card... He was so good to us on the way to the resort (about a 30-45 minute drive from the airport) that we called him and setup our trip back to the airport with him...

If you decide against Atlantis, you can't go very wrong with St. Thomas or some of the other Virgin Islands either...

I went to a nice, quiet island called Nevis a few years back, perfect place for a honeymoon. Very, very small, there's a small rainforest-type mountain in the middle of the island for day trips and a nice little rasta bar right by the hotel. Very hospitable people as well, our housekeeper invited us to their home for dinner. Negs: Four Season's is pricey, if you like snorkeling/diving theres not as much aquatic life as somewhere like St Johns but the water is perfect. I believe its right off St Martin or something, you have to take a boat to get there

Awesome spot, one of my faves.

http://www.fourseasons.com/nevis/

Venice, Italy is flat out amazing.. I proposed to my wife while there. Of course, Im Italian, so Im sort of biased, but it was awesome. We went in December, found the trip on Priceline, 10 days, just over $1000 per person for hotel, airfare and their idea of a continental breakfast. It was coffee, pastries and some cold cuts... Forget sight seeing, go wander around and find stuff. I could've cared less about Michelangelo's David..until I saw the thing and thought about its history and the lack of modern tools when he did the statue...

We honeymooned in Cancun, Mexico. Definitely do 'all-inclusive' if you change your mind about Mexico. It was lots of fun, Id recommend it if you weren't already anti...

Venice, Italy is flat out amazing.. I proposed to my wife while there. Of course, Im Italian, so Im sort of biased, but it was awesome. We went in December, found the trip on Priceline, 10 days, just over $1000 per person for hotel, airfare and their idea of a continental breakfast. It was coffee, pastries and some cold cuts... Forget sight seeing, go wander around and find stuff. I could've cared less about Michelangelo's David..until I saw the thing and thought about its history and the lack of modern tools when he did the statue...

We honeymooned in Cancun, Mexico. Definitely do 'all-inclusive' if you change your mind about Mexico. It was lots of fun, Id recommend it if you weren't already anti...

Yeah if you are on a budget "all-inclusive" is the way to go. Check out Apple Vacation, Vacation Express or Fun Jet Vacations for deals or ideas for places to go. AAA has a great website to see what different packages are out there too.

We were thinking about Italy because we are both Italian as well but it would be hard when we want to go...possibly another time though.

We've done Mexico a bunch being in SoCal so we want somewhere different.

I moved to NC from San Diego in '92 and have been visiting a different Caribbean place every winter for the last 6 years since we built our beach house. Been to Aruba, Dominican, Caymans, Cancun... haven't made up our minds for this March, but we're considering/narrowed it down to Trinidad, Tobago, St. Kitts, Nevis, St. John and St. Lucia.

I moved to NC from San Diego in '92 and have been visiting a different Caribbean place every winter for the last 6 years since we built our beach house. Been to Aruba, Dominican, Caymans, Cancun... haven't made up our minds for this March, but we're considering/narrowed it down to Trinidad, Tobago, St. Kitts, Nevis, St. John and St. Lucia.

We were strongly considering St. Lucia but I think it's their rainy season in July

We were strongly considering St. Lucia but I think it's their rainy season in July

I gotta be honest, going to the Caribbean in July would not be my ideal place to escape. I, like you, am still very used to the mild climates of SoCal and my beach house on Coastal NC is brutal in July in the mid-high 80's. We usually travel to the islands in February-March. In July we head the opposite direction...

You might want to try getting a little farther north of the Equator... say Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Belize...

Archived