• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS people!

Tarheels23

The drops are just more noticeable than the other bad plays he made. He was locked onto Heap since last week. First third down they had he stared him down the whole way and missed a wide open Boldin crossing the field to the left.

Wow, Flacco is average. I wish we had some of that in Carolina. This was just his 3rd year. He's led his team to the playoffs every year going 4-3 in the playoffs. His QB rating year to year has gone 80 to 89 and 94 this year. They might still be playing if his receivers pulled their heads out of their asses.

When you consider Hurney passed on Flacco in favor of Jonathon Stewart when we already had Deangelo Williams on the roster and Jake Delhomme's elbow was shreaded during the 2007 season it's easy to see why we're where we are and why the Ravens are a perrenial playoff team.

I'm shocked the Bears offensive rankings were so high. With no real WRs and a middle-of-the-road/overhyped RB, Cutler and Martz must be a match made in heaven....

Forte put up over 1500 total yards... he was their offense.. (Knox did his part though)

I'm just saying that it's hard to get top flight talent on both sides of the ball.

i know, but that's not going to stop the idiots on here for demanding every hole on the defense to be filled with the greatest draft and free agent talent, while downplaying group cohesiveness, coaching and teamwork as much as humanly possible

we already hired a defensive head coach, we're talking to a potential coordinator that fits with his style and are trying to fill the staff with. Many people forget the reason why our defense "looks" bad in overall rankings is because they had so many plays called against them, which is indirectly related to offensive ineptitude, and because it's indirectly related, a lot of dummies on here can't make the connection. Still the defense gave up 5.1 yards per play on average, ...only six teams gave up less yards per play, and actually, for people who aren't getting the picture...

It's 5.1 yards per play, and it's 5.1 yards per play, and guess what? It's five-f**king-point-f**king-one-f**king yards per f**king play....f**king. You know what that means when you have the 18th overall defense and are ranked 7th in yards per play? That means you need to draft offense, especially when you have the 32nd ranked offense, in both yards and points. Thirty-f**king-second-f**king-ranked-f**king-offense-to-the-f**king-second-power f**king f**king f**king

i've seen this team mostly on defense through the last 2 years. we had a defensive head coach. we just hired a defensive head coach. our defensive coaching staff might just be an outstanding task force of good coaches if we get McDermott. now we have all this fairley hype and if it wasn't him this board would be slurping bowers. i want a top 5 defense yes but i'm sick of hearing about stupid defense. this team needs some offense. ...it's an understatement to call it a need at this point, our offense needs talent more than a diabetic anemic hemophiliac sickle-cell sufferer who just had a run-in with louis de pointe du lac needs a blood transfusion after a motorbike accident

watch when Raging Bull starts drinking how many

MIND

BLOWING

STATS

53ee40c6408308926533404f0f055f9a.gif

get slung all over this thread and on your face and neck/chest

....how about this for a

MIND

BLOWING

STAT?

53ee40c6408308926533404f0f055f9a.gif

The 2010 Panthers scored 196 points, good for 32nd in the NFL in 2010. The 31st ranked team in points scored were the Browns with 271. You know what that means? That means the Panthers could've scored on average exactly four more points a game and still would've been ranked 32nd.

also...

From 2001-2010, there have been 4 teams, that's right 4 to score less than 200 points in a regular season. None of them made it to the playoffs, and one of them happened to be the 2010 Panthers. The others were the 2006 and 2009 Raiders and the 2009 Rams.

That's 4 out of 320 teams

All 4 remaining teams are strong on both sides of the ball:

Defensive Rankings:

Overall:

1. Steelers

3. Packers

4. Bears

6. Jets

Receiving:

1. Steelers

5. Packers

6. Jets

7. Bears

Rushing:

1. Bears

2. Steelers

3. Packers

5. Jets

Offense Rankings:

Overall:

2. Bears

3. Packers

4. Jets

8. Steelers

Passing:

3. Bears

4. Packers

7. Steelers

8. Jets

Rushing:

1. Bears

2. Jets

3. Packers

10. Steelers

Source: http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Lol are you aware you are quoting the post-season stats? The lowest possible ranking for any of those teams is 12th place of course they will look balanced.

Wow, Flacco is average. I wish we had some of that in Carolina. This was just his 3rd year. He's led his team to the playoffs every year going 4-3 in the playoffs. His QB rating year to year has gone 80 to 89 and 94 this year. They might still be playing if his receivers pulled their heads out of their asses.

When you consider Hurney passed on Flacco in favor of Jonathon Stewart when we already had Deangelo Williams on the roster and Jake Delhomme's elbow was shreaded during the 2007 season it's easy to see why we're where we are and why the Ravens are a perrenial playoff team.

Yes, he's average. He's surrounded by loads of talent on both sides of the ball that make him look better than he is. Same with Ryan, Sanchez, etc.

There are few QBs who make their team look better than they are. There are many teams that make their QB look better than they are.

I'm shocked the Bears offensive rankings were so high. With no real WRs and a middle-of-the-road/overhyped RB, Cutler and Martz must be a match made in heaven....

The post showing rankings earlier in the thread was wrong, that was only looking at postseason stats. They were actually 30th in the NFL in offense.

Archived