• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS people!

Tarheels23

Smith can't beat double teams anymore

LaFell and Gettis have proven they're useful, but neither of them are breakaway threats at this point

we could use a threat like Green to stretch the defense and open up the short game

Gettis is definitely a breakaway threat. The guy has speed to burn and is as fast, and maybe a tad bit faster than Green. He just needs to learn how to use it so he will be a greater threat.

Not saying we should draft Green (we should) but Gettis is definitely a threat.

Gettis is definitely a breakaway threat. The guy has speed to burn and is as fast, and maybe a tad bit faster than Green. He just needs to learn how to use it so he will be a greater threat.

it takes more than speed, also agility and body control for starters

Green's got him beat there and he is slightly faster to boot

I think the point is we need a player that commands double teams, Smitty isn't going to be around forever and until we know the full potential of Gettis and LaFell, we need to invest in a guy with that potential..

not only that, but we need more receivers anyhow..

not sure if this has been mentioned but Jets offense is filled with first rounders at skill positions(Braylon Edwards was the #3 overall pick, Holmes/Keller were both late first rounders, LT, Sanchez).

their defense won them this game, but the talent on offense they have certainly didn't hurt.

I dont care where the Steelers rank in O/D, when you put that many points on the Ravens you have a damn good offense.

Did you watch the game? There wasn't a drive put together by either team. On the first TD drives, both teams had a 30+ yard penalty and I think after that they all started inside the other team's 40 yard line due to turnovers. The defenses set up almost every point in that game.

That game also showed how much of an average QB Flacco is. The other game also showed how average Ryan is. Two games in a row for him where Turner was shut down AT HOME and two games in a row he looked terrible. Tons of average QBs in this league surrounded by better teams that make them look good.

where is there a rule in this league where you can only choose one

It's called the salary cap. You have to choose where to spend the money.

Also, people are still misunderstanding the meaning of the word Franchise QB. Franchise =/= good or elite.

not sure if this has been mentioned but Jets offense is filled with first rounders at skill positions(Braylon Edwards was the #3 overall pick, Holmes/Keller were both late first rounders, LT, Sanchez).

their defense won them this game, but the talent on offense they have certainly didn't hurt.

Same thing I've been saying for a while. Sanchez is nothing special but he has a great team around him. A lot of NFL QBs fall into this category and are nothing special but they have good/great teams around them that make them look better but QBs are sexy so that's all most people know.

Same thing I've been saying for a while. Sanchez is nothing special but he has a great team around him. A lot of NFL QBs fall into this category and are nothing special but they have good/great teams around them that make them look better but QBs are sexy so that's all most people know.

Honestly, given the amount of Jets games I've seen this season, Sanchez most of the time is one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL.

He has some games where I'm like "Damn if he played like this all the time he'd be MVP", but more often than not I'm saying "How is he a starting quarterback in the NFL?"

A lot of times this season the media was hyping him as the comeback king and being so clutch, but was only put in the position to make those "comebacks" because he was flat out AWFUL for the entire game leading up to that point.

Did you watch the game? There wasn't a drive put together by either team. On the first TD drives, both teams had a 30+ yard penalty and I think after that they all started inside the other team's 40 yard line due to turnovers. The defenses set up almost every point in that game.

While true, that unfairly dismisses the big plays the Steelers DID make to get it in the endzone... even with the refs helping out they really did come through on offense. Defense just helped them out :P

as to Flacco being average, maybe, but considering the number of dropped balls his receivers had it's hard to pin all of that on him.

While true, that unfairly dismisses the big plays the Steelers DID make to get it in the endzone... even with the refs helping out they really did come through on offense. Defense just helped them out :P

as to Flacco being average, maybe, but considering the number of dropped balls his receivers had it's hard to pin all of that on him.

The drops are just more noticeable than the other bad plays he made. He was locked onto Heap since last week. First third down they had he stared him down the whole way and missed a wide open Boldin crossing the field to the left.

The drops are just more noticeable than the other bad plays he made. He was locked onto Heap since last week. First third down they had he stared him down the whole way and missed a wide open Boldin crossing the field to the left.

yeah I saw more than one replay where it looked like he missed open guys.

still, dropping a TD and then that 4th down conversion were killers.

he didn't play well but he got no help that game either.

Archived