• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question

TheRealDeal

Say you have grown up with someone your whole life. Been on sports team's together since you were very young and played HS sports together. Your fried is clearly a better athlete than you and goes to a bigger school to play football while you go to a smaller one. Your friend has an amazing career and enters the NFL draft. You've since given up football and are now just a fan. Your friend surprisingly doesn't get drafted but instantly signs with your favorite teams division rival.

How do you feel?

Your friend goes through camp and you watch all of your team's rival's games and hope he does well and he does. At the end of camp he gets cut. Doesn't make it to PS either.

Are you relieved you don't have to watch your friend on a hated team or are you pissed because he might not get another chance in the league?

ya...if you were truly a friend, wouldn't you want the very best for him, regardless of your own situation?

I'm just trying to see how you guys would respond...I was 100% pissed because they told him "There was nothing better you could have done, we just didn't have room" which made me fly off the handle because if you knew you weren't going to keep him, why lie to him when he could have had a chance elsewhere.

Say you have grown up with someone your whole life. Been on sports team's together since you were very young and played HS sports together. Your fried is clearly a better athlete than you and goes to a bigger school to play football while you go to a smaller one. Your friend has an amazing career and enters the NFL draft. You've since given up football and are now just a fan. Your friend surprisingly doesn't get drafted but instantly signs with your favorite teams division rival.

How do you feel?

Your friend goes through camp and you watch all of your team's rival's games and hope he does well and he does. At the end of camp he gets cut. Doesn't make it to PS either.

Are you relieved you don't have to watch your friend on a hated team or are you pissed because he might not get another chance in the league?

After I accidentally trip him and cause him to tear his ACL, I feel very guilty :sosp:

Archived