• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton TD

TheRealDeal

In your opinion, is the TE the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th read in this play design?

Edit:

Maybe the question is confusing. Are they the primary target in this play design?

The play starts at the 3:14 mark

In this second play, is Mike Williams the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th read in this play design?

Newton play looked designed to hit the TE, but given the pressure it's hard to tell.

Watching the other receivers on teh field, Williams was the first and only read... all the other guys just kinda stopped and looked over that way before the ball was even thrown.

Hard to tell on the Cam Newton vid because you can't see the rest of the receivers, but the TE was definitely not the 1st read on the play.

On the Whitehurst play Mike Williams is clearly the 1st (and only) read Charlie makes, he locks in on him the moment the ball is snapped, but we're not seriously using Charlie Whitehurst as a measuring stick for NFL QB's are we?

I like Cam Newton and I think it's false to assume that he can't be a very successful NFL QB based on what he's done at Auburn... he's doing what he's been asked to do at Auburn which is to play in a spread offense and make 1 or 2 quick reads and then use his athletic ability to make a play. I think Cam Newton has a tremendous potential upside as an NFL QB.

Archived