• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pike

Hairless Cat

I am pretty pissed they did not utilize Pike a little more than they did considering the QB situation...the time I did see him play.. he was definitely a rookie at play..but he stood tall and tried to make some pases.. I think he completed a few.. so he did have a few good plays considering the chaos of the offensive line collapsing on him if I remember correctly..but I think Fox stuck with Clausen just to spite management .. see this is who you drafted!! So suck it... I think he he didnt get a fair chance like he should have..but I am overseas so I was pretty limited on what I saw of the Panther games this year.. Hopefully they keep him and let them duke it out at training camp..ALSO MAYBE we wont have an offensive coordinator who is so damn predictable!!!

I don't think we can evaluate any of our young offensive players based on last season. We had a broken system with coaches that didn't want them there and didn't seem to care if they learned anything. I give Pike and all our young players a pass for this past season. I think they all start with a clean slate and the new coaches will do their best to maximize their talents. I'm looking forward to see how our offense looks with coaches that actually care about scoring TD's

I don't think we can evaluate any of our young offensive players based on last season. We had a broken system with coaches that didn't want them there and didn't seem to care if they learned anything. I give Pike and all our young players a pass for this past season. I think they all start with a clean slate and the new coaches will do their best to maximize their talents. I'm looking forward to see how our offense looks with coaches that actually care about scoring TD's

I disagree. If that were the case, the players would have quit giving their all and gave up. That didn't happen.

but what if you bought into something that was broke but just couldn't see out of the box cause thats your paycheck!!?? The Panthers went stagnate.. When I can call what they are going to do aT HOME and get it right 50% of the time imagine what the Pro Def Coordinator's precentage is 98% is my guess unless I am in the wrong business..so this gives the young QBs no chance.. Ithnk Pike deserves another chance.. I think he out does Clausen in camp!!!

I see your message Rayzor.. I was limited what I saw this year..weak arm is not good..but a slow ass quaterback is no good either.. from what I gathered Clausen takes too long and I agree from the limited games I saw since i am over seas this year but damn it I will be aT A PANTHERS GAMES NEXT YEAR!! For good or Worse I will be there I love these guys!! Lets just hope we get a great Offensive Coord.. Hail Mary... blah balh.. hehe

Its impossible to tell what we have at Qb right now. I liked Fox and our staff, but I have very little confidence in any of them's ability to judge passing game related talent.

Fwiw, I don't think that arm strength in and of itself is all that important. If the strongest arms can throw it 60 yards, and Pike can only manage 50, thats ok. Accuracy, quickness of delivery, and good decision making are far more important. If you can get the ball out quickly, put it on target, and throw it to the right receiver, you can win a lot of games in the NFL.

Pike has size but his arm strength is in question. He can't float ball to the sidelines in the NFL. He's on the skinny side, so some weight room work would help him. But he ended up on IR, because of throwing the ball in practice, not a glowing omen for the future.

Archived