• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nic Fairley has got to be our next choice.

tattoorhino

Our defense isnt that far away from being an elite group and DT is a need for sure. He is a big nasty DT that we have lacked since Jenkins. If we get Fairley Charles Johnson will have 16 sacks next year. If our offense isnt going to be able to score maybe our defense can score enough to win games.

Thoughts?

Our defense isnt that far away from being an elite group and DT is a need for sure. He is a big nasty DT that we have lacked since Jenkins. If we get Fairley Charles Johnson will have 16 sacks next year. If our offense isnt going to be able to score maybe our defense can score enough to win games.

Thoughts?

He would be a good pick and is a beast no doubt. Somehow I still think you have to fix the offense and that starts at quarterback. Unless you beleive Clausen is the answer, we need a franchise quarterback through the draft or free agency.

If we get a quality starter at DT, we will have a genuinely fearsome front 7, pending Johnson re-signing.

Do we have a genuinely fearsome passing offense if we pick up a 2nd tier rookie QB?

It's a difficult decision, but I don't see any rookie QB who can come in and start from day 1. I also do not see a QB who is of a 'difference maker' standard. So essentially we won't get much out of a rookie pick this year, meaning we will need to pick up a vet in FA. So why don't we save the 'franchise QB pick' until next year?

Thoughts?

Like most players now, it depends on FA. DT is a need, but I see QB as THE need. Which needs (across the board) can be addressed best by FA & which by the draft helps is the most?

Who is worth the risk?

Til we get the HC & staff in place its really hard to tell.

Having said that, at the moment (for me) I'm looking at, Newton & Green.

Like most players now, it depends on FA. DT is a need, but I see QB as THE need. Which needs (across the board) can be addressed best by FA & which by the draft helps is the most?

Who is worth the risk?

Til we get the HC & staff in place its really hard to tell.

Having said that, at the moment (for me) I'm looking at, Newton & Green.

So do you take a lesser talent at the strongest position of need, or do you talent the best player in the draft at a position of need?

I am unsure at why we would settle for a lesser player, simply because our needs are slightly greater.

However I do not doubt QB is a strong possibility at #1, as JR was talking about getting a face for the franchise. One thing to point out though, is that JR wanted Pep to be that guy...

I think at this point there isnt a QB that can come in from college and make any more of a difference than Clausen. We need a veteran QB to come in and let some of our young Qbs learn. Let Jimmy be a back up and just get some more experience and then maybe he can be good. If we dont trade down then we have to take the best player in a position that we are in desperate need and thats the DT.

Luck would have been capable of starting and producing on day one. There just aren't any other quarterbacks like that in the draft really. Going the route of letting one of them ride the pine for a year or two and then handing them the keys wouldn't be a big deal if we had an established veteran to bridge the gap but that doesn't exist/is totally up in the air right now.

Archived