• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I would...

The Answer

Is this thread serious? Sometimes I can't tell with you guys. So you would take Jake over Manning, Brady, Warner, Farve, Romo, Brees and others? Wow interesting. You do know that Jake is not in the top 5 QB's this year for 4th quarter QB rating right? Now if you were asking which receiver I would take in that situation or which receiver would go up and catch a lame duck pass in double coverage I would say Steve Smith. Heck he did it twice last week. 2 balls that should have been clearly intercepted. That guy is amazing!

Manning has never had to do anything without a cadre of elite skill players around him.

Brees has led zero comeback drives in the 4th Q with your team.

Jake leads the NFL in comp % when it's late and close in games.

Wow, you mean WRs bail out their QBs sometimes? I'm in awe of your powers of reasoning and observation. Brees, Favre, Manning and Romo all have higher INT%s this year than Jake does. By your logic, I guess that means none of them have a great WR like Smitty to bail them out all the time.

Manning has never had to do anything without a cadre of elite skill players around him.

Brees has led zero comeback drives in the 4th Q with your team.

Jake leads the NFL in comp % when it's late and close in games.

Wow, you mean WRs bail out their QBs sometimes? I'm in awe of your powers of reasoning and observation. Brees, Favre, Manning and Romo all have higher INT%s this year than Jake does. By your logic, I guess that means none of them have a great WR like Smitty to bail them out all the time.

Please get your facts straight. To say that Brees has led zero comeback drives with my team in the 4th quarter is bogus. I can give you multiple games over the last 2 years where the Saints were behind in the 4th quarter but came back to win. The very first game of the year this year the Saints were losing to Tampa Bay 20-17 with 10 minutes to go in the game but Brees led them down the field to a touchdown which proved to be the winning score. To say that Jake leads the NFL in comp % when its late and close is very misleading. He has only thrown 25 passes in that category all year. Most QB's have thrown 40+ so of course their completion % is not as good. You are right about one thing. Brees, Farve, Manning, Romo do not have a receiver like Smitty that can bail them out all the time. Jake does which makes a lot of his success misleading.

Is this thread serious? Sometimes I can't tell with you guys. So you would take Jake over Manning, Brady, Warner, Farve, Romo, Brees and others? Wow interesting. You do know that Jake is not in the top 5 QB's this year for 4th quarter QB rating right? Now if you were asking which receiver I would take in that situation or which receiver would go up and catch a lame duck pass in double coverage I would say Steve Smith. Heck he did it twice last week. 2 balls that should have been clearly intercepted. That guy is amazing!

Another comment from another dumbass Saints fan.

Read his post douchebag....he said he would take Jake over Warner, Fabre, Romo, Brees etc. if you were down by 3 and in the last 2 min.

Jake is CLUTCH on game winning drives....something that Saints fans long for in Brees. Brees is 0-17 for the Saints when entering the 4th quarter behind. He is the Anti-Clutch.

So, go back down to the bayou and leave the real football to the Panthers and Bucs.

Please get your facts straight. To say that Brees has led zero comeback drives with my team in the 4th quarter is bogus. I can give you multiple games over the last 2 years where the Saints were behind in the 4th quarter but came back to win. The very first game of the year this year the Saints were losing to Tampa Bay 20-17 with 10 minutes to go in the game but Brees led them down the field to a touchdown which proved to be the winning score. To say that Jake leads the NFL in comp % when its late and close is very misleading. He has only thrown 25 passes in that category all year. Most QB's have thrown 40+ so of course their completion % is not as good. You are right about one thing. Brees, Farve, Manning, Romo do not have a receiver like Smitty that can bail them out all the time. Jake does which makes a lot of his success misleading.

Jake does it year in and year out. He's also led several without Steve Smith (2004 and the first game of this year comes to mind), so to hang it all on him is a complete mistake. Down one score with less than three minutes to go is Jake's time. Hell, he's got 18 game-winning or tying fourth quarter drives in his career. How can you scoff at that?

Another comment from another dumbass Saints fan.

Read his post douchebag....he said he would take Jake over Warner, Fabre, Romo, Brees etc. if you were down by 3 and in the last 2 min.

Jake is CLUTCH on game winning drives....something that Saints fans long for in Brees. Brees is 0-17 for the Saints when entering the 4th quarter behind. He is the Anti-Clutch.

So, go back down to the bayou and leave the real football to the Panthers and Bucs.

Ever thought of Anger managment? I know what his post says and that is what I was trying to clarify. Is he saying he would really take Jake over those QB's when down by 3 and in the last 2 min?

Brees is also 23-3 when leading after 3 quarters. That aint to shabby!

How about I would rather take Steve over any WR in the NFL...Tom Brady guys...Tom freakin Brady? I know Jake has done some great things but he essentially just chucked it up there last game and let Steve go get it. It was a decent toss but that was all skill by Steve to haul that one in.

Were they behind at the start of the 4th or did they fall behind in the 4th? The stat I heard said it was when they started out behind in the 4th I believe.

I don't follow your theory of the more passes you throw the more inaccurate you are.

If you think that Coles, Cotchery, Wayne, Harrison in his younger days, Clark, Gonzales, Stokley, and GBs WRs who led the league in YAC last year are all vastly inferior to ONE Steve Smith, well then I don't know what to tell you. Smitty bails Jake out sometimes. To say otherwise would be stupid. Those guys bail their QBs out sometimes too. I have seen it. I have likely watched more Jets and Colts games than you have. Favre is just as likely to throw a crazy INT as lead any GW drive. Brees is a very good QB he just hasn't shown himself to be a clutch player...ever. I notice you didn't answer my point about int%s either. I guess all that is Smitty (or the other Qbs' lack of Smitty) too? :rolleyes:

Source/link please? Thanks.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/index.asp

Archived