• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

Darin Gantt just answered my tweet saying that Hurney and Morison are going to probably be in Arizona Monday night to watch Cam Newton and Nick Fairly play in the bcs title game! Said they would be stopping their on their way back from their West Coast road trip were they interviewed Manusky and Rivera, it seems that the timing of their trip may have ultimately been so that they could hit up the game on their way back Monday evening!

http://twitter.com/#!/daringantt

This is great news to me because these are the 2 guys I want us to pick and I hope and expect both of them to have great games, and maybe they can blow the doors off of our front office!

I want Cam first and foremost, but if we cant get him I will be really happy with either Fairly or AJ Green.

I really hope we give him a shot. No one is more talented.

I'm so glad to hear my fellow panther fans are objectively entertaining the possibilities of drafting this PHENOMONAL ATHELETE! What has to be kept in mind is that most mobile qb's are tiny....Cam is 6'5 250lbs!!! He'll be bigger than most defensive ends..and take a look at some of his pics..this aint that slob Jamarcus russell...dude is a beast! Tall enough to see over any set of offensive lineman, proven arm strength, accuracy...Honestly if a great O coordinator and qb coach are put around him, he will have a Randy Moss-like rookie year...and hopefully an Aikman-like career!!!

Unless we have a "Jeff Fisher" type coach, I wouldnt worry about us landing a "Vince Young" type QB. A lot of Vincent's troubles with his team start and end with his coach. He's the only one, he didnt get a long with. So unless we draft Cam and our HC doesnt want him, I dont suspect that be an issue at all.

Unless we have a "Jeff Fisher" type coach, I wouldnt worry about us landing a "Vince Young" type QB. A lot of Vincent's troubles with his team start and end with his coach. He's the only one, he didnt get a long with. So unless we draft Cam and our HC doesnt want him, I dont suspect that be an issue at all.

So, Jeff Fisher is the reason Vince had emotional stability issues? :skep:

So, Jeff Fisher is the reason Vince had emotional stability issues? :skep:

So Vince Young is the reason the Titans lost 7 of their last 8 games? From the sidelines? Unless we have a coach with a HUGE ego that likes to run to the media to throw his QB under the bus we wont have a problem with any of our QBs blowing up in the locker room. Unless we have a coach that likes to send security to ban his QBs from the facility after they save his job (McNair, VY) we wont have an issue.

I'm so glad to hear my fellow panther fans are objectively entertaining the possibilities of drafting this PHENOMONAL ATHELETE! What has to be kept in mind is that most mobile qb's are tiny....Cam is 6'5 250lbs!!! He'll be bigger than most defensive ends..and take a look at some of his pics..this aint that slob Jamarcus russell...dude is a beast! Tall enough to see over any set of offensive lineman, proven arm strength, accuracy...Honestly if a great O coordinator and qb coach are put around him, he will have a Randy Moss-like rookie year...and hopefully an Aikman-like career!!!

Great point!

Well except he is a head case and is not the smartest guy. Wornderlic(6) GPA(2.6) and that without a learning disability like some players have.

Newton keeps a 3.4 GPA and I would expect him to score well on his Wonderlic. Plus everyone on the team like Newton and you cant say that about Young.

I would compare Newton more to a young Steve McNair then to compare him to Young.

Below Are Michael Vicks stats which warranted him being the consensus #1 over all pick in the 2001 NFL Draft. And he lost his National Championship game to Florida state, but still had a great game almost bringing the hokies back! He also was nominated for the Heisman and finished 3rd

Statistics

Passing Rushing

YEAR CMP ATT CMP% YDS TD INT ATT YDS TD

1999 90 153 58.8 1840 12 5 110 580 8

2000 97 179 54.2 1439 9 7 113 636 9

Now Below are Cam's stats (With still atleast one game to play)

Career Rushing: 263 Att, 1522 Yds, 5.8 Avg, 24 TD

Career Passing: 171 Cmp, 258 Att, 2643 Yds, 28 TD, 6int, 67.1% completion

How can you say the Michael Vick was justified to go #1 overall in 01 and Cam Newton shouldn't be considered with are top pick that is Crazy! Especially when you add Cam is 6-6 250 pounds and runs a 4.5, Vick did run a 4.3 at the combine but is only 6 ft flat and weighs 215 pounds!

Archived