• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

I've always said I'd be ok with Newton if we didn't take/get Luck. He will certainly give some life to this cardiac cat arrest franchise that we are currently feeling... There is no way he's a lethargic Russell type or a mentally unstable Vince Young Type(who seems to be really bipolar or something)..

The other players in the draft really aren't going to give fans a reason to watch as much as Cam Newton would. I'd pull the trigger if I was JR.

and boom goes the dynamite.

And I disagree with your amateur opinion which is that he is inaccurate and his footwoork is slow. HIs mechanics have improved during the year and will continue to do so. What you see as a finished product is a work in progress. One that has a very high ceiling. I am fine with him learning next year and being a Josh Freeman for the reward of a franchise guy for the next decade.

I see what there is to see and have an much more objective opinion of it than you. Because I can see not only what is there but what can be.

As for whether He should be our pick or not, I dont really know at this point. It depends on the plans for the year such as getting a veteran versus going totally with the draft again. I do know that Pickles is not the one at this point and we need an effective quarterback. My comments with you are simply he is the best QB in the draft and if we go that dirrection, that is who we should pick. And I don't agree that last night's game changes everything. I also say Newton play 5 or 6 games this year and Oregon was clearly one of his worst. I chalk that up to Oregon having a month to prepare and all the pressure on a kid 21 years old.

As for Comparing Newton to Luck, I watched them both play against Oregon and Newton looked better. As for comparing them it depends on what dynamic. Luck surely has better understanding of a pro offense but frankly he was in Harbaugh's system for 3 years. They aren't in similar systems, Newton hasn't gotten the same level of coaching, and Newton has been in the Auburn system for 1 year not 3.

If you can't evaluate the differences and see how they are very comparable, it just reinforces your limited analytical skills.

fuging swagtastic.

It's interesting to that so many people are judging Cam on just how he played in the NC game against Oregon.

The same Oregon team team that shut out Luck in the second half of their game and made him look just average in the second half of their game.

The NC game did nothing for me but solidify how good and effective Newton will be as a pro.

One BIG difference? remember how much we have struggled on third and 2's and third and 3's. His size and mobility is the great equalizer in those situations.

I think this is my first post ever in the huddle. :)

Pretty lame post :lol: Although we are better in short yardage situations then we were last year.

Archived