• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

tune in on monday night at 8:30 folks thats all I am going to say..Cam Newton Possess all the intangibles that a great QB in the NFL needs and then some..Granite he could use a year to develop but I personally believe that he does not need a year..All the Naysayers will see during proday/combine what Newton is fully capable of.He absolutely can be the face of this franchise and in no way shape or form will he be a bust like Armanti Edwards or a Head Case like Vince Young. Character issues? Listen to the way this young man talks and how he admires the game of football and will never do anything to jeopardize his career..the naysayers are faulting him for something that happened when he was young and dumb at UF?..what the f*$@* are yall thinking seriously..Cam Newton will be good for a long time in this league and I will hate to pass up on him.

No to Cam Newton. People like to talk about trap games, this is a trap pick now that Luck isn't coming out. I say take the sure thing in Patrick Peterson and let's salvage what we can with the situation.

Without Luck, I seriously doubt Smith, Williams, and a bunch of other guys will want to continue their careers in Carolina. Cam will take years before he develops into a good QB, and Smith is not going to want to wait for this guy. (Especially after playing with Clausen) Really, after all that is taking place here in Carolina, most of the vet guys who's contracts are up will want to play somewhere else. The only guy we can keep is the one we slap the tag on. So Carolina is officially in re-building mode, this time from the very bottom to the top.

I believe a receiver is useless with no QB, and Newton will likely never be as good in the NFL as VY, mind you Newton looks better than Freeman did in college so who knows? But you don't need #1 to get Newton. It is now a bad draft to be #1...

i agree. honestly, Newton will get alot of hype, but i look at this team and think, wow, great offensive line, an offense that fits his skill set, the panthers offense will be a pro style offense most likely (unless they hire a spread coach which i highly doubt they do). Newton will not be ready to start on day one. I understand all the excitement and want for Newton, but i rather gamble on Gabbert or Locker than Newton UNLESS they sign McNabb to start next year.

Character issues? Listen to the way this young man talks and how he admires the game of football and will never do anything to jeopardize his career..the naysayers are faulting him for something that happened when he was young and dumb at UF?..what the f*$@* are yall thinking seriously..Cam Newton will be good for a long time in this league and I will hate to pass up on him.

sorry, but those character issues make you wonder. How intelligent is he???? Character questions is part of the reasons why Clausen fell.

How intelligent is he??!! By no means is Auburn University a push over university..This young man plays week in and week out in the toughest conference in college football, the SEC, and he reads and plays against the best and fastest defenses in the nation..I would say he is pretty dam intelligent

tune in on monday night at 8:30 folks thats all I am going to say..Cam Newton Possess all the intangibles that a great QB in the NFL needs and then some..Granite he could use a year to develop but I personally believe that he does not need a year..All the Naysayers will see during proday/combine what Newton is fully capable of.He absolutely can be the face of this franchise and in no way shape or form will he be a bust like Armanti Edwards or a Head Case like Vince Young. Character issues? Listen to the way this young man talks and how he admires the game of football and will never do anything to jeopardize his career..the naysayers are faulting him for something that happened when he was young and dumb at UF?..what the f*$@* are yall thinking seriously..Cam Newton will be good for a long time in this league and I will hate to pass up on him.

:smilielol5:

How intelligent is he??!! By no means is Auburn University a push over university..This young man plays week in and week out in the toughest conference in college football, the SEC, and he reads and plays against the best and fastest defenses in the nation..I would say he is pretty dam intelligent

and he plays in a spread offense (an offense which doenst make NFL reads). Remember The Golden Calf of Bristol??? those same questions about how he will translate to the NFL go to Newton, he cant just run over guys like Vilma and Abraham in the NFL, he will have to pass from the pocket and run as a last resort.

Archived