• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton looking better and better!

Tarheels23

Sorry, but you're the fool if you believe Cam Newton is worthy of the 1 overall selection... You're clearly an Auburn fan. Take your homer glasses off.

i agree, i am not saying Newton sucks or wont be a good NFL quarterback, i just dont think he showed that he's worth the top pick, too many high throws, WAY too many runs.

The QB you completely fell in love with and overhyped Luck couldnt lead his team to beat this Oregon team, Cam just did. He's displayed the toughness and ability to fight thru adversity that Carolina Panther QBs normally lack tonight. Cam missed some throws and had some bad plays, but he did enough to win the game, and capped off a perfect season. If Carolina doesnt continue to look at this guy as an option they are f**king fools.

jeez, there's a reason why DYER was the offensive MVP, sorry, but Newton didnt lead them to this win, he almost gave it away with a bad fumble. Newton's NOT worth the top pick.

Yeah true, but is he on the field dirty only or off the field too?

yeah, i dont think that we wont pick him, i just think the dirty play will be looked at as a con and could worry Richardson, but i think he will be looked at.

Your idol Peyton Manning's final college game in the Orange Bowl

21-31, 134 yards, 1 TD, 1 rush, -9 rushing yards

Vols got smashed 42-17.

Going by your logic, the combine couldnt've even helped that guy. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and continue to show your bias Scot. The QB you completely fell in love with and overhyped Luck couldnt lead his team to beat this Oregon team, Cam just did. He's displayed the toughness and ability to fight thru adversity that Carolina Panther QBs normally lack tonight. Cam missed some throws and had some bad plays, but he did enough to win the game, and capped off a perfect season. If Carolina doesnt continue to look at this guy as an option they are f**king fools.

LOL at you thinking this guy is anywhere near worthy of the FIRST draft pick. Like I said, are you going to be a raider's fan when they draft him?

Cam beat Oregon, Luck didn't.... does that make Cam any better, not really. But it certainly doesn't make his stock drop like alot of you think. He had a damn good game after he got settled. Did anyone see what he did 2nd quarter?

I know of lot of people here don't understand this, but I don't look for stats much at all when I'm looking at future QB.

What I saw was a great college offense operating well, and a quarterback making and missing easy throws and running after his first read. I enjoyed the game, it was fun to watch, but to say that Cam in the 2nd quarter looked much like a pro qb is just... not true.

He has tremendous strength but his accuracy and decision making are still major concerns. His footwork troubles me. Overall, I don't think he is worth a high first round pick, but I expect someone will take a risk on him. With luck and a whole heck of a lot of hard work, he'll prove the doubters wrong and do well.

I know of lot of people here don't understand this, but I don't look for stats much at all when I'm looking at future QB.

What I saw was a great college offense operating well, and a quarterback making and missing easy throws and running after his first read. I enjoyed the game, it was fun to watch, but to say that Cam in the 2nd quarter looked much like a pro qb is just... not true.

He has tremendous strength but his accuracy and decision making are still major concerns. His footwork troubles me. Overall, I don't think he is worth a high first round pick, but I expect someone will take a risk on him. With luck and a whole heck of a lot of hard work, he'll prove the doubters wrong and do well.

I don't primarily look at stats either, and yea he had some bad throws, but he bounced back when it was needed and got the job done. What more can you ask?

I don't primarily look at stats either, and yea he had some bad throws, but he bounced back when it was needed and got the job done. What more can you ask?

I can ask him to be a very fundamentally sounds QB with a strong & accurate arm and great decision making if I am going to pay him 50 million guaranteed!

This is all I agree with. While he was not impressive tonight and AU went very run heavy, Cam was scanning the field, Took plays from under center without a problem, and managed the game. Without Newton out there AU would have never been able to run like they did.

Honestly, it looks to me like that system is actually hurting Cam. All that faking, especially when he fakes a run, is just screwing his mechanics all up.

IMO, something was definitely wrong with Cam tonight. I don't know what it was, but he was hurting at least for the whole 2nd half. I've never seen him go down before even being hit like that.

BTW, Andrew Luck wasn't hitting many tight windows this year either. The vast majority of his throws were to wide open WR's too, from what I saw. It seems like some folks would rather see these guys throw into tight coverage just to prove themselves though.

Archived